Sonney Moore D2A week 3

ReitzFan

53 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

From the Free Dictionary... Rant; To express at length a complaint or negative opinion.

I agree that your post was both well thought out and articulated, but the definition of the descriptive word that I chose for it seems to be categorically correct. As for the advantage of privates over publics, and TSSAA's attempt to evenly balance the scales where TCA (and other fully compliant schools) was concerned... I have never had a complaint about TCA regarding their acquisition of athletes while they were in DI. TCA was placed in DII for the actions of other schools who chose to remain in DI, yet push the envelope concerning work study programs and similar gray areas that were used as loopholes to acquire athletes. TSSAA simply decided that a complete separation was the easiest and most defined way to police it.

As for cliff notes, I've had that approach backfire too many times... anything not painstakingly described can be (usually is) misinterpreted or twisted into something entirely different than intended.

I hope that you don't view our "conversation" as anything other than a discussion about football in general, and TCA specifically... I have enjoyed it actually, have no ill feelings toward you at all, and assure you that I wasn't taking backhanded jabs with the "rant" comment, just noted that it was thorough and off Reitz's "tome" (you win, I had to look it up) a little bit. Happy trails!

Good stuff. Thank you.

On 9/4/2019 at 12:36 AM, Playerscoach said:

So you pointed out #10 DCA specifically and said they played a “weak”schedule and should drop after this week? They beat both teams they played and you’ve yet to see one of those teams play anyone else? You also will see DCA play a team this week that they are decided underdogs. I mean, they are expected to lose big against a team that many predicted to win the gold ball preseason yet they should drop? Lol 

i suppose it’s silly because it is s poll but you really have no idea about most of these teams right now. It’s way too early to tell what teams will be like. There’s a reason the BCS poll comes out so late in the season. BTW who is your team?  Edit: I think your school is TCA right? I mean how would you know anything about the east schools? Have you seen them play or played against any of them the last several years? Can’t judge HS teams off of last years record. For instance both DA and FCS were the clear best two teams in the division last year but this year while both are in the conversation they have to fill some big losses. I honestly don’t know a thing about TCA and won’t until much later in the season. I can look at their very mediocre history and it still won’t tell me a thing about this season regardless. It’s just too early to tell overall IMO. 

Just my opinion, but I believe FCS will be better this year based on watching them play Trousdale County. We missed 3 or 4 wide open passes for TDs and played good defense against a pretty good TC offense. The TC defense will also be the best defense we play all year. They had some players 

Edited by CommanderMan