Wayne Co.

hammerhound

All rural schools go through up's and down's due to talent and experience... Wayne County is no different, and are in a valley. Add to that, they have had a coaching change, and no matter how "same" the new coach is, things are different and the kids will have to have time to adjust. Too much tradition and community support for them not to be relevant in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

All rural schools go through up's and down's due to talent and experience... Wayne County is no different, and are in a valley. Add to that, they have had a coaching change, and no matter how "same" the new coach is, things are different and the kids will have to have time to adjust. Too much tradition and community support for them not to be relevant in the not too distant future.

Location is the key. A good program will pull in players if it’s located in right spot. Problem is most truly rural schools don’t have that luxury and have to play the hand they are dealt. Wayne has a good run and hope they get back there again. They have always been a hard hitting bunch even back several years ago before they won the title and before Rice was there. 

On 9/4/2019 at 1:16 PM, sum1uno said:

Location is the key. A good program will pull in players if it’s located in right spot. Problem is most truly rural schools don’t have that luxury and have to play the hand they are dealt. Wayne has a good run and hope they get back there again. They have always been a hard hitting bunch even back several years ago before they won the title and before Rice was there. 

Thought i would chime in a little. WC is down but I don't think it's as much a coaching problem as it is losing 21 seniors who played almost every down, very few starters returned from last year. There's talent on the team but not experience. The line is the weak spot but I look for them to get better as the year goes by just as the rest of the team. WC has some good young kids and a good group in middle school so I don't see them staying down long. Huntington will go untouched in 1A until the playoffs, after that I don't know. Also the comment about playing with what your dealt is very true here, WC defiantly plays with all homegrown boys with rarely getting a transfer and when they do it's due to their family moving to the community for reasons other than football. My grandson is only 6 and my youngest graduated last year so I'll be out of the loop for awhile. Good luck to you all. 

8 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Thought i would chime in a little. WC is down but I don't think it's as much a coaching problem as it is losing 21 seniors who played almost every down, very few starters returned from last year. There's talent on the team but not experience. The line is the weak spot but I look for them to get better as the year goes by just as the rest of the team. WC has some good young kids and a good group in middle school so I don't see them staying down long. Huntington will go untouched in 1A until the playoffs, after that I don't know. Also the comment about playing with what your dealt is very true here, WC defiantly plays with all homegrown boys with rarely getting a transfer and when they do it's due to their family moving to the community for reasons other than football. My grandson is only 6 and my youngest graduated last year so I'll be out of the loop for awhile. Good luck to you all. 

Haven’t seen you post in a while. I think waverly is going through the growing pains also. Good luck to y’all as well.