William Blount (1-1) hosts Ooltewah (0-1)

Governm

The Govs were running the ball down Ooltewah's throat with a chance to pull the score within 17-14 late and got greedy. We tried to sneak in a pass and threw an interception. Ball game. Ooltewah scored two late garbage tds and the final score ended up being 31-7. WB had 3 turnovers to Ooltewah's 1. We also missed 2 field goals. Overall, I thought the Govs competed well, but we just made too many mistakes.

I didn't have this game as one of my possible wins but a major improvement over last year for sure. Should be able to enjoy an easy win this coming week. If I were taking vacations on my two weeks off I sure would make sure and schedule Heritage for my week to come back from break on. I think Maryville exposed Cleveland pretty well last night so there may be one of your wins this year also. Just have to watch their kickoff return team.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I didn't have this game as one of my possible wins but a major improvement over last year for sure. Should be able to enjoy an easy win this coming week. If I were taking vacations on my two weeks off I sure would make sure and schedule Heritage for my week to come back from break on. I think Maryville exposed Cleveland pretty well last night so there may be one of your wins this year also. Just have to watch their kickoff return team.

WB should have a good chance in the next 3 games. But McMinn County is still a bit of a mystery. They haven't played anybody yet and had their bye week this week. My guess is they had coaches at WB last night because they play Ooltewah next week and WB in two weeks.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

19 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

10-Zip Nothing that couldn't be overcome with some solid halftime adjustments but NOPE Shad Rockne as he has for years now sticks to the game plan and focuses on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Player for player two well matched teams. Coach for coach match up lopsided. But Hey! Raise your hand if that was a big surprise to you. Unfortunately more of the same as the season grinds on.

The offense actually got better as the game went on. If we are talking about play-calling, I have been pleased with it so far. We took some nice shots downfield and Ooltewah's secondary made plays or we didn't make them. We also turned the ball over 3 times and missed 2 field goals. You cant blame that on the coaches. We just didn't execute at a high enough level to beat a good team like Ooltewah. However, this team is much improved. That much is obvious.  Our o-line is consistently opening holes and the defense has been solid. We have a chance to be a playoff team this year. I really believe that.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

37 minutes ago, cyclones1 said:

Looking forward to making the trip up next month to see my CYCLONES play you all. Just wondering if someone can tell me a little about your seating arrangements and the parking please. 

They have plenty of free parking and a huge home side only stands. 

Pro Tip: I always go down US 321/L.A. Parkway and cut across Ross Drive to Big Springs Road then turn onto County Farm Road to come in the front of the school. I think it's quicker to get out that way.

Edited by Red Rebels

4 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

They have plenty of free parking and a huge home side only stands. 

Pro Tip: I always go down US 321/L.A. Parkway and cut across Ross Drive to Big Springs Road then turn onto County Farm Road to come in the front of the school. I think it's quicker to get out that way.

I'm sorry I meant WB, thank you for the info. Can you tell me about the seats? Do they have backs on them?