The real reason Blount County loses players to the City Schools.

BarneySox2007

Today's headlines in "The Daily Times" should explain it all to everyone why families pull their kids out of these two schools and send them to the local city schools. "Director of Blount County Schools defends using $1M on field houses". County Commissioners feeling heat from taxpayers why money being spent on old aging locker rooms with no air and one with sewer odors. I wouldn't be surprised if the commission comes back with a box of clothespins to solve that one. This is why the Blount County Schools struggle over having a bunch of clowns running the County Government. 

48-9394.jpg

• Like 1

This is a picture of how hot it was this week in the Heritage High Locker Room as shown on the AD's facebook page. When some kid becomes sick from this and other problems remember it has been well documented and presented to the public now in The Daily Times and social media. I'm sure not many people from Blount County want to comment on this because their scared, like Scooby Doo Scared.

70075679-2683154648417043-46305973607270

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This is a picture of how hot it was this week in the Heritage High Locker Room as shown on the AD's facebook page. When some kid becomes sick from this and other problems remember it has been well documented and presented to the public now in The Daily Times and social media. I'm sure not many people from Blount County want to comment on this because their scared, like Scooby Doo Scared.

70075679-2683154648417043-46305973607270

barney I haven't really noticed before, but you have lovely hands  :wub:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Today's headlines in "The Daily Times" should explain it all to everyone why families pull their kids out of these two schools and send them to the local city schools. "Director of Blount County Schools defends using $1M on field houses". County Commissioners feeling heat from taxpayers why money being spent on old aging locker rooms with no air and one with sewer odors. I wouldn't be surprised if the commission comes back with a box of clothespins to solve that one. This is why the Blount County Schools struggle over having a bunch of clowns running the County Government. 

48-9394.jpg

I don't think clothes pins will fix this problem. Why don't you suggest to them duct tape and bungie cords. Don't forget the cresent wrench!

16 hours ago, Solomon said:

Which commissioners are fighting this?

Solomon the paper had one name that mentioned that he preferred to spend that money on the whole school  and not 32 football players. I know a few on the commission that fill me in on that stuff but there are a few for sure because they cave in to people calling them raising cain why their tax dollars are being wasted like that. The same people are those that fuss about Maryville and Alcoa drawing their football players away. What those people don't understand that the worst smell on earth is not a decaying human body but a football locker room with all the equipment hanging there in 95 degree heat index. My advise is $500K is a chip in the bucket to a handful of lawsuits coming down the pike when a couple of the kids become deathly ill over something that was brought to the school and county leaders attention.

I think Barney is right on this one. Our county commission has been taken over by a several individuals that live and breathe to beat up and chastise our county school system. I feel for each of these departments every time they must face the commission. The CCs use inflammatory terms and always imply good ole boy deals. A couple can get away with this as their district consists of mostly City residents and they enjoy no accountability for what they challenge and or deny to county students. These are 40-year old facilities that have been neglected over time, not by school maintenance, but ostrich headed county taxpayers and previous commissioners that kicked the proverbial can down the road or did not properly fund and forced selection of band-aid fixes.  Future elections must be used to vote these guys out and replace them with candidates that understand education. 

• Like 2