Two powder puffs: Kingsport DB vs Knox BeerDen

DBGRAD70

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I hate to be so negative after a win but good god why can't we find somebody that can coach defensive backs. As bad as DB has been over the years I actually think this group is the worst I've seen. Receivers running wide open on almost every play. If not for the pressure on the QB DB losses this game. It's a shame because DB looks like their checking all the boxes except the secondary. Just blows my mind.

Believe me it isn't a question of technique but more of athlete. 

DB wasn't close to losing this game. DB absolutely mashed Bearden upfront. Bearden knew what was coming, and they were only able to slow it down. 

Edited by rolltriberoll
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rolltriberoll said:

Believe me it isn't a question of technique but more of athlete. 

DB wasn't close to losing this game. DB absolutely mashed Bearden upfront. Bearden knew what was coming, and they were only able to slow it down. 

Yep, we just don’t have the right horses in the stable at defensive back. Coach Gaines is a great with teaching technique.

1 minute ago, IndiansForLife said:

Yep, we just don’t have the right horses in the stable at defensive back. Coach Gaines is a great with teaching technique.

So we haven't had the right horses in the stable for like 30 years? And what technique are they using to let receivers get 10 yards behind your entire secondary on half the routs they run? I'm telling you, without that line getting all that pressure on the QB DB wouldn't be undefeated right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

So we haven't had the right horses in the stable for like 30 years? And what technique are they using to let receivers get 10 yards behind your entire secondary on half the routs they run? I'm telling you, without that line getting all that pressure on the QB DB wouldn't be undefeated right now.

At times we have had a nice secondaries through the years. More recently not. 

An effective pass rush will mask alot of problems in the secondary. Most everyone knows that. You may remember that Watson loved to pressure the QB. When you blitz,  you leave your DBs on an island. That's part  of the gamble. 

Again, it's really a function of having the right horses. Deion Sanders was a pretty good DB - even without great technique. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Guys..... I understand some of your frustrations, but you are 3-0 for the first time since.... well a long time.  And the schedule looks pretty smooth until the last game vs. Alcoa.     Be thankful for what you have.    

Well yeah, we're better than we've been in a while. Probably since 2012. But you know whats going to happen on down the road when we run up against a team with a good QB and offensive line. It was great to see a  head coach tonight that didn't freak out when Bearden came out at halftime and scored a quick TD. That "other guy" would of went straight to running up the middle every play and tried to run out the clock on his first possession. Two running backs over 100 yards tonight. Losing the other two before the season started doesn't look like a factor now does it.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Guys..... I understand some of your frustrations, but you are 3-0 for the first time since.... well a long time.  And the schedule looks pretty smooth until the last game vs. Alcoa.     Be thankful for what you have.    

I agree with Blazer!  Happy to see progress for this program!  

1 hour ago, toocool1991 said:

Coach Colobro got knocked down by the referee running the sideline. He told him he didn’t have to do that and be more observant running along side line and the official said something back to him and then Colobro said something back to him (I’m not going to repeat what he said on here) and he threw the flag.

This is absolutely completely incorrect. Coach Colobro told him that there was no reason to hit him that hard.  There was nothing else.  No cursing. Nothing about watching where he was going.  He told the guy...”there was no need for you to hit me that hard.”   The ref dropped his flag immediately and ran to the white hat.  There was no exchange between them and certainly no bad language at all.

17 minutes ago, KptVol said:

This is absolutely completely incorrect. Coach Colobro told him that there was no reason to hit him that hard.  There was nothing else.  No cursing. Nothing about watching where he was going.  He told the guy...”there was no need for you to hit me that hard.”   The ref dropped his flag immediately and ran to the white hat.  There was no exchange between them and certainly no bad language at all.

Wasn't there two flags on the sideline? If so what was the second flag for? I think I remember two flags. The first one would of been a 15 yard penalty on the sideline but the second flag got Colobro ejected? Am I right?