Two powder puffs: Kingsport DB vs Knox BeerDen

DBGRAD70

2 hours ago, rolltriberoll said:

At times we have had a nice secondaries through the years. More recently not. 

An effective pass rush will mask alot of problems in the secondary. Most everyone knows that. You may remember that Watson loved to pressure the QB. When you blitz,  you leave your DBs on an island. That's part  of the gamble. 

Again, it's really a function of having the right horses. Deion Sanders was a pretty good DB - even without great technique. 

Regarding Watson, some of those blitz calls in the fourth quarter reminded me of the calls he used to make.

Edited by IndiansForLife

It's hard to "see" whats going on when your eyes are a couple of blabber mouth sports monsters but if the secondary and penalties were fixed, this could be a 9-1 DB team.  Could be anyway with the shape the other conference teams seem to be in.  But they're dead by playoff game 2 if they don't fix those problems and game 3 is the end regardless. I do really like the fact that these new coaches believe in playing 4 qtrs.

• Upvote 1

Well I'll throw my two cents into it even though I never played that position or coached it.I was a LB and some things I think were a little bit the same when it came to taking the right angles and so on..When you have speed like a couple of the coaches had in their playing days,you can take chances.I remember not that long ago at UT when one of DB's coaches went from goat to hero because of his great speed.When you don't have that superman speed and have Batman speed instead.I call it { oh shet speed }.You have to play smart,real smart when it comes to breaking on a ball or making one miss step.If a guy gets behind you and you have let's say 4.6 to 4.8 speed and he has the same speed and a couple of steps on you.Well you are beat.Now if the guy beats you and he has sub 4.6 speed ,then you are not only beat but he has time to get into the End zone and show his azz for a few seconds while your getting there.To me,it just seems like the better thing to do is to play smart and not let him behind you, even if you have to catch a bus before he gets there.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Well I'll throw my two cents into it even though I never played that position or coached it.I was a LB and some things I think were a little bit the same when it came to taking the right angles and so on..When you have speed like a couple of the coaches had in their playing days,you can take chances.I remember not that long ago at UT when one of DB's coaches went from goat to hero because of his great speed.When you don't have that superman speed and have Batman speed instead.I call it { oh shet speed }.You have to play smart,real smart when it comes to breaking on a ball or making one miss step.If a guy gets behind you and you have let's say 4.6 to 4.8 speed and he has the same speed and a couple of steps on you.Well you are beat.Now if the guy beats you and he has sub 4.6 speed ,then you are not only beat but he has time to get into the End zone and show his azz for a few seconds while your getting there.To me,it just seems like the better thing to do is to play smart and not let him behind you, even if you have to catch a bus before he gets there.

Okay - you must have had your coffee this morning. I think I"ll go upstairs and get some and try to get caught up.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:48 AM, LINEDAD said:

DB defense against the run was rock solid in game 1 allowing 2 yards to a rushing team but gave up big plays passing. In game 2 the Defense continued the rush defense (best in forever) and continued the blitz game. They had 4 or 5 sacks. What was great to see the improvement in the pass defense. It was outstanding. WR’s getting hit immediately when catching quick throws and passes being broke up.  Best defense in years. Continue to improve game to game D. Indians will not allow many points this season. 

Nice assessment! 

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said: