Grace Christian at York

gcapride

On 9/7/2019 at 8:41 PM, gcapride said:

Thanks, bud. Chinese Buffet any good? 

Eat BEFORE you get there. A few big box fast food pizza Hut, DQ that sorta thing unless you come in on Hwy 52, The Harrow Road Cafe in Rugby used to be really good. Old world 1600's type of place. Had Welch rabbit, shepherds pie and strong English ale that sorta thing. The bread pudding is really good. Haven't been there in a while, maybe a York poster can let us know if it's changed recently. On the game, I think you'll have a big night in the air. Their 18 on defense, a DB, plays hard. You'll like him. Qb runs pretty good and isn't the fastest player you'll see but is quick. Got a pretty quick back. Overall they look to have some talent but they play young. I told them I was glad we got them early because I details they improve a ton by week 10. My pick would be gca by multiple scores. No disrespect meant to York, just familiar with the rusty bradley style offense. It is not easy to contain all night. 

22 hours ago, gcapride said:

The WingT, nice. We won A LOT of games running the WingT at GCA. Cant wait to see how the Dragons run it and their execution. 

Not the same version. Zero splits, mostly no wide out. Double TE fist fight in a phone booth style. They run it pretty good. In a year or two they'll be like playing a meat grinderif they're in fact as young on the line as I was told. 

On 9/10/2019 at 11:29 AM, dragonrider said:

yes, through Oak Ridge to Deer Lodge or I-75 to Huntsville.  Crossville is the worst and longest way to go to Knoxville from Jimtown

Just curious, why is 40 to 127 in crossville the worst way? 1 hour maybe hour and 10 to crossville from Knoxville then 30  to 40 minutes to Jamestown  from crossville. I live in Oneida, work in Knoxville and in crossville. If I'm downtown and gotta go to Jamestown I'm probably going crossville. Hour and 30 to 45 minutes usually. 

16 hours ago, crow said:

Just curious, why is 40 to 127 in crossville the worst way? 1 hour maybe hour and 10 to crossville from Knoxville then 30  to 40 minutes to Jamestown  from crossville. I live in Oneida, work in Knoxville and in crossville. If I'm downtown and gotta go to Jamestown I'm probably going crossville. Hour and 30 to 45 minutes usually. 

it is much longer both by time and distance than any of the other routes.  Hwy 127 from Crossville to Jamestown is awful to drive because so much work traffic between those towns as well.  They have been going to build a new road through there for the last 25 years and we're still waiting.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, crow said:

Eat BEFORE you get there. A few big box fast food pizza Hut, DQ that sorta thing unless you come in on Hwy 52, The Harrow Road Cafe in Rugby used to be really good. Old world 1600's type of place. Had Welch rabbit, shepherds pie and strong English ale that sorta thing. The bread pudding is really good. Haven't been there in a while, maybe a York poster can let us know if it's changed recently. On the game, I think you'll have a big night in the air. Their 18 on defense, a DB, plays hard. You'll like him. Qb runs pretty good and isn't the fastest player you'll see but is quick. Got a pretty quick back. Overall they look to have some talent but they play young. I told them I was glad we got them early because I details they improve a ton by week 10. My pick would be gca by multiple scores. No disrespect meant to York, just familiar with the rusty bradley style offense. It is not easy to contain all night. 

York played poorly that night. The main difference in the game was Kolby Morgan. York's defense was good on most plays but Kolby was everything he was cracked up to be and broke away for touchdowns. Without him it would have been a close qame...but since they had him, Oneida broke their 6 game losing streak to York since 2001 (I don't know about any games before then). Oneida should go a long way this year and I always pull for area teams, when we aren't playing them!