Gallatin (3-0) @ Mt. Juliet (1-1)

Gtowner

Lets go ahead and get this topic going early.  I have a feeling its gonna be a hot topic this week.

Gallatin comes into this game with a full head of steam after a crazy week of musical stadiums in a game against Hillsboro that finally settled at Calvin Short field.  After lots of chatter, the Wave handled business with ease leaving the question around the midstate: "Is Gallatin really that good, or is Hillsboro down". This week will be the litmus test.

Mt. Juliet comes in looking to have gotten back on track with a convincing win over county rival Lebanon, who I believe is a solid football team.  The Golden Bears will no doubt come in to this one looking to prove they are very much a force to be reckoned with.

Lets hear those opinions folks.  There will no doubt be a fantastic game come Friday night.

MJ showed me yesterday that their defense is still for real. They swarm to the ball very fast. The one TD that Lebanon had was only from being given a short field when MJ fumbled the punt return. Could've easily been a shutout. Gallatin is going to have a real test trying to gain yards on that defense. Their offense can be dangerous at times too. A stud D1 receiver that can burn.

Gallatin will have to work extra hard on the pass defense this week.  Hillsboro scored on those two passes and barely missed on some other long completions.  They did a good job of getting to the QB and that will have to continue.  There is no way MJ will be as big as Hillsboro on the line but they are probably much quicker.  

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin will have to work extra hard on the pass defense this week.  Hillsboro scored on those two passes and barely missed on some other long completions.  They did a good job of getting to the QB and that will have to continue.  There is no way MJ will be as big as Hillsboro on the line but they are probably much quicker.  

HIllsboro has to be one of the biggest lines in the state.  Unfortunately not very disciplined with double digit pre snap pentalties.  I would not expect that from MJ. 

13 minutes ago, Gtowner said:

HIllsboro has to be one of the biggest lines in the state.  Unfortunately not very disciplined with double digit pre snap pentalties.  I would not expect that from MJ. 

There’s “athletic” big and worthless big. Hillsboro having two Lineman At 6’9 and undisciplined would be an example of worthless big. MJ Oline will average 6’2 up front and very disciplined. Dline is not quite as big but still well coached. 

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

One of my favorite rivalries for Gallatin as I was growing up and playing.   Many memorable games in this series, from the 2-0 game when it was so foggy that you could hardly see the players, to the 14-0 game we played in a rainstorm that had puddles on the field up to our shins.   Should be a very hard hitting old fashioned football game.  I look for it to be a last man out of town, shut the gates turnout in Mt. Juliet this Friday night.  I enjoy the fact that people still doubt this year's version of the green wave, but as a former player, the teams discipline, togetherness and toughness reminds of some of the Gallatin teams I grew up watching and that I had the privilege to play on.  Keep doubting and we will keep proving the nah sayers wrong.  GREEN WAVE PRIDE FOREVER!!!!

5 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I expected and agree that MJ will play this game as the underdog. Hopefully they can use that as motivation to make a statement that they are still a factor. If they come out flat they will find themselves down 14-0 quick. 

How is that?  This is not a quick strike offense. It’s a pound it down your throat offense.