Gallatin (3-0) @ Mt. Juliet (1-1)

Gtowner

1 minute ago, Gtowner said:

I'd look for a packed house out at Mt Juliet Friday. Both of these teams have large fan bases and the deep rivalry will bring out the masses. The Wave has to stay humble. MJ is a tough place to go in and come out with a W.

True!!  I loved what the coach said in the huddle after the game.  These coaches have those kids attention.  Those kids know what it takes to be successful.  Mt Juliet is the toughest or second toughest game on the schedule.  Gallatin hasn’t beaten them in 3 years.  Might not this year either but I guarantee it will be closer than the last two meetings.  Last night was the one you had to have out of the first 4, and we got it!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

How it feel to beat your chest a little bit gwave lol. 

How is he beating his chest?  I believe he is one of the most unbiased posters on this board, unlike many.  Sure he is all wave, but post significant post not just post seen through green wave glasses.  Keep posting all you Wave fans on this site.  A change at the top of the program has brought a lot of tradition and pride back to life in Gallatin and I for one am completely on board and bought in.  GREEN WAVE PRIDE FOREVER

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I've seen both teams play against Lebanon and really couldn't pick a winner in this one.

Gallatin is bigger/stronger. Mt. Juliet is faster/quicker.

Gallatin is better at running the ball. Mt. Juliet is better at passing the ball.

It will be a good game. I think it will be important for both teams to come out and get off to a good start.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

I've seen both teams play against Lebanon and really couldn't pick a winner in this one.

Gallatin is bigger/stronger. Mt. Juliet is faster/quicker.

Gallatin is better at running the ball. Mt. Juliet is better at passing the ball.

It will be a good game. I think it will be important for both teams to come out and get off to a good start.

Bigger sure, stronger.... weight room wise, not so sure. MJ is always top notch in that department.

7 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Not sure about the faster part either.  

Probably even in that category. MJ is going to have to pass the ball well to succeed, we have the potential to do so (Duke commit wr, a couple other shifty guys) but our shaky QB limits us. He’s a 50/50 guy. If we hit our passes we need to hit I would like our chances in the game. 

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Probably even in that category. MJ is going to have to pass the ball well to succeed, we have the potential to do so (Duke commit wr, a couple other shifty guys) but our shaky QB limits us. He’s a 50/50 guy. If we hit our passes we need to hit I would like our chances in the game. 

If Gallatin wins this game, bonus.  If not, they got the most important of the first four this past Friday.   

I am sure they will complete some passes but this defense will come at them all night.  My concern is more with Gallatin moving the ball consistently.  Everybody will be keying on Briggs since he has started off so hot in these first 3 games.