Gallatin (3-0) @ Mt. Juliet (1-1)

Gtowner

14 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

That would make MJ a middle of the road 5A team in that case. Not buying that at all. I still think they will have a say so in the 6A playoffs. 

Maybe a step too far, but if Gallatin is a legit Top 5A team, they should beat MJ by multiple scores. As it stands I think Knox West & Central, South Doyle, Powell, Beech & Henry Co are probably better at this point. Think the world of Watson and his hiring at Gallatin so hope I'm proven wrong

42 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Maybe a step too far, but if Gallatin is a legit Top 5A team, they should beat MJ by multiple scores. As it stands I think Knox West & Central, South Doyle, Powell, Beech & Henry Co are probably better at this point. Think the world of Watson and his hiring at Gallatin so hope I'm proven wrong

No, it's an accurate statement. A loss at this point takes nothing away from the strides the Wave have taken under Watson.

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

My thought is Mount Juliet is as good of competition as anybody that Gallatin could possibly meet in 5A. Their defense is still legit how it has been for about 3 years now.

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

My thought is Mount Juliet is as good of competition as anybody that Gallatin could possibly meet in 5A. Their defense is still legit how it has been for about 3 years now.

MJ last year, yes. MJ is still pretty good this year, but not at that level, at least not yet. There are close to a handful of teams in the Knoxville area (Central, West, Powell & South Doyle) that would probably be favored against them. 

The more I think about it, this may have a new name on CoachT :

Battle of the Most Hated - Gallatin vs Mount Juliet.  

Both teams have received a lot of bitterness from some for unknown reasons. Green Wave just a little more recently. And about more than half of CoachT keeps up with MJ  weekly just waiting on MJ to lose a football game. They come from 1A, 3A, all boards to get in on it.