Gallatin (3-0) @ Mt. Juliet (1-1)

Gtowner

What is bad is if Gallatin does not go 15-0 these haters will say, see you ain’t no good, same ole Gallatin, which isn’t true.  Nobody expects that, heck not many expected 3-0 either but hey we will take it.  All you have to do is look around and see that the Wave is much better this year.  

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

The more I think about it, this may have a new name on CoachT :

Battle of the Most Hated - Gallatin vs Mount Juliet.  

Both teams have received a lot of bitterness from some for unknown reasons. Green Wave just a little more recently. And about more than half of CoachT keeps up with MJ  weekly just waiting on MJ to lose a football game. They come from 1A, 3A, all boards to get in on it. 

I liked my name better o great one

I still say having 2 weeks to prepare for a bitter rival especially after having a bad opening week really helped MJ.  Gallatin just has to keep getting better as the season goes along.  This does not break the season but could help better define what it truly is.  Fact is after this matchup, the next 3 are very winnable.  

Edited by GWAVE1

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

I still say having 2 weeks to prepare for a bitter rival especially after having a bad opening week really helped MJ.  Gallatin just has to keep getting better as the season goes along.  This does not break the season but could help better define what it truly is.  Fact is after this matchup, the next 3 are very winnable.  

We totally switched our offense on Lebanon from the SC game, and boy did that help. We tried the wing t against SC to not much success, for whatever reason, but last week we threw in some different offensive  packages Lebanon was not ready for. Be ready for some surprises come Friday night. Get Malik Bowen the ball!

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

We totally switched our offense on Lebanon from the SC game, and boy did that help. We tried the wing t against SC to not much success, for whatever reason, but last week we threw in some different offensive  packages Lebanon was not ready for. Be ready for some surprises come Friday night. Get Malik Bowen the ball!

Hillsboro had a little success throwing the ball on the defense but overall the Gallatin defense has played very well.  I’d be surprised that the Wave defense will not put a lot of pressure on the QB.  Especially if the running game is not doing much.  

31 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Hillsboro had a little success throwing the ball on the defense but overall the Gallatin defense has played very well.  I’d be surprised that the Wave defense will not put a lot of pressure on the QB.  Especially if the running game is not doing much.  

It’s weird, we have a big strong Oline but the holes have been hard to come by. However lets not forget we have played pretty decent competition up to this point. On another note, I watched film on Briggs, if MJ can hold him to under 100 yards, I would be highly surprised.

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It’s weird, we have a big strong Oline but the holes have been hard to come by. However lets not forget we have played pretty decent competition up to this point. On another note, I watched film on Briggs, if MJ can hold him to under 100 yards, I would be highly surprised.

I'm sure it's been preached that this is one of if not the best defense he will go against. It will NOT BE EASY!

11 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I'm sure it's been preached that this is one of if not the best defense he will go against. It will NOT BE EASY!

I agree.  You have to find some balance because you know they will key on him.  That puts more pressure on Briscoe and the receivers to get open.  Briscoe threw some beautiful passes last week against a speedy backfield.  

How is MJ’s kicking game?