Gallatin (3-0) @ Mt. Juliet (1-1)

Gtowner

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Limited Mt Juliet to under 100 yards total offense.  Gallatin defense has not allowed a 100 yard rusher yet.  

Honestly embarrassing for the O coordinator and offense themselves. We have got to figure something out quick or we may not eclipse 100 points this season. Anyways congrats to Gallatin must’ve  been a slugfest!

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

10 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Honestly embarrassing for the O coordinator and offense themselves. We have got to figure something out quick or we may not eclipse 100 points this season. Anyways congrats to Gallatin must’ve  been a slugfest!

Oh come on.... You will eclipse 100 points against Station Camp and Spring Hill alone.

1 hour ago, steelcityroller said:

Oh come on.... You will eclipse 100 points against Station Camp and Spring Hill alone.

I’m being a salty fan right now, it’s definitely a major issue right now, and it needs to be fixed ASAP or there’s no chance of us making it out of the second round. Props to Gallatin for obviously stifling us, but still we should have the talent to score a touchdown in four quarters.

That was just a good old school defensive battle last night.  Shutting down the passing game and the running game for Mt Juliet was just a big time move for this defense.  Briggs had another big night after a slow start.  MJ’s defense was fast and tackled well but when Gallatin went to the power set, they had no answer for an entire series.  After the halftime adjustments they did a better job of stopping it.   Somebody eluded to the conditioning playing a factor for MJ to win....MJ was gassed by the end of the 4th quarter.  Gallatin took a knee in the red zone to end the game.  Overall it was a good tough win which is what Gallatin has needed.   

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I’m being a salty fan right now, it’s definitely a major issue right now, and it needs to be fixed ASAP or there’s no chance of us making it out of the second round. Props to Gallatin for obviously stifling us, but still we should have the talent to score a touchdown in four quarters.

Lets be honest nobody in this region is getting past by round 3 at best. And most likely nobody is getting past round 2 regardless of what happened last night.

7 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Serious question.... So now with 4 games played.  So you think Reggie Grimes last year made everybody raise there play level or this is just a bump in the road?

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Lets be honest nobody in this region is getting past by round 3 at best. And most likely nobody is getting past round 2 regardless of what happened last night.

Blackman and Riverdale are a pretty far cry from Oakland though. I'd say this 6A region can fare well against the teams in that region not named Oakland. I say that MJ finishes this regular season 8-2

42 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Serious question.... So now with 4 games played.  So you think Reggie Grimes last year made everybody raise there play level or this is just a bump in the road?

Mt. Juliet has only played 3 games and they are possibly the 3 hardest games on their schedule. I don't expect them to lose again this year.

They lost alot outside of Reggie Grimes. You can tell right away when you watch them play. They are much smaller than they have been the last couple years.

I know they lost like 9 starters on defense and several big playmakers on offense. I know they had playmakers at QB, RB and WR that are all gone. They still have a real good WR but that was all I seen when I watched them play. There is noticeable drop at QB, RB and OL from last year.

If you take Grimes out of the picture they were still a much better team last year. I seen them roll some teams last year with him out of the game.

8 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Blackman and Riverdale are a pretty far cry from Oakland though. I'd say this 6A region can fare well against the teams in that region not named Oakland. I say that MJ finishes this regular season 8-2

They have probably played the 3 toughest games already on the schedule. We will find out if Wilson Central has anything this week but I expect Mt. Juliet to win that one. Then of course there is Hendersonville at the end of the year but they seem to be down as well.

Blackman had a rough game last night but I still think they likely beat anybody in this region. They were able to hang with Alcoa and Ravenwood. I don't think anybody in this region would be able to do the same.

I think Riverdale is on par with the teams in this region. After that is a big drop off.

Whoever wins the region will get an easy matchup in round one. Whoever gets the 2 seed will have a good matchup in Riverdale. Seeds 3 and 4 get bounced. Then Blackman and Oakland win in the next round and play in the 3rd round.

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Mt. Juliet has only played 3 games and they are possibly the 3 hardest games on their schedule. I don't expect them to lose again this year.

They lost alot outside of Reggie Grimes. You can tell right away when you watch them play. They are much smaller than they have been the last couple years.

I know they lost like 9 starters on defense and several big playmakers on offense. I know they had playmakers at QB, RB and WR that are all gone. They still have a real good WR but that was all I seen when I watched them play. There is noticeable drop at QB, RB and OL from last year.

If you take Grimes out of the picture they were still a much better team last year. I seen them roll some teams last year with him out of the game.

They have probably played the 3 toughest games already on the schedule. We will find out if Wilson Central has anything this week but I expect Mt. Juliet to win that one. Then of course there is Hendersonville at the end of the year but they seem to be down as well.

Blackman had a rough game last night but I still think they likely beat anybody in this region. They were able to hang with Alcoa and Ravenwood. I don't think anybody in this region would be able to do the same.

I think Riverdale is on par with the teams in this region. After that is a big drop off.

Whoever wins the region will get an easy matchup in round one. Whoever gets the 2 seed will have a good matchup in Riverdale. Seeds 3 and 4 get bounced. Then Blackman and Oakland win in the next round and play in the 3rd round.

Grimes would have no doubt helped the team I saw last night, defensively and offensively.  

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

Grimes would have no doubt helped the team I saw last night, defensively and offensively.  

Our QB limits us so much on offense. I could care less about his success in 7 on 7. He went 4-14 last night. On a night where are defense held 27 of 34 Briggs runs to 5 yards or under. And his first 9 for 16 yards. They can only carry the load so much. It’s time where we look to our backup options.