McMinn Central vs Polk County(Davis man against this Brewer man)

Roy Dillard

Can someone explain to me what happened to Polk County? I remember Loudon playing them in 2009 in the playoffs for a chance to go play Alcoa. Loudon won that game but Polk was just about as tough of an opponent you could find in the Chattanooga area. Looking at past schedules it looks like they went from a 9-3 record in 2013 to 0-10 in 2014. What in the world happened? I mean, Loudon, Etowah/Englewood Central, Sweetwater, Etc. have up and down years but Polk completely fell off the map instantly. I only see 1 winning season since 2013. Hard to believe a school like Polk County can be so bad. 

Edited by 10Redskin
Punctuation

5 minutes ago, 10Redskin said:

Can someone explain to me what happened to Polk County? I remember Loudon playing them in 2009 in the playoffs for a chance to go play Alcoa. Loudon won that game but Polk was just about as tough of an opponent you could find in the Chattanooga area. Looking at past schedules it looks like they went from a 9-3 record in 2013 to 0-10 in 2014. What in the world happened? I mean, Loudon, Etowah/Englewood Central, Sweetwater, Etc. have up and down years but Polk completely fell off the map instantly. I only see 1 winning season since 2013. Hard to believe a school like Polk County can be so bad. 

Polk is just like everyone else in this area, athletes come in cycles. They've just cycled down for quite a few years now. They'll have good teams again when another cycle of athletes comes in.

3 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Polk is just like everyone else in this area, athletes come in cycles. They've just cycled down for quite a few years now. They'll have good teams again when another cycle of athletes comes in.

Just seems like this cycle has lasted way too long. I also thought it was strange for them to go 9-3 one year and 0-10 the next. Oh well. I don't think either team in this game will have an advantage. I imagine it'll be close in the 4th quarter.

12 minutes ago, 10Redskin said:

Just seems like this cycle has lasted way too long. I also thought it was strange for them to go 9-3 one year and 0-10 the next. Oh well. I don't think either team in this game will have an advantage. I imagine it'll be close in the 4th quarter.

I saw a stat that in his last 5 years at Polk (Davis) was 14-42 is this true?

1 hour ago, 10Redskin said:

Loudon did the same thing after 2014.(2015 they were 2-9 and 2016 they were 1-9 and last year 3-8)....it happens everywhere. 

55 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

I just think it will be a big night for the Chargers. If I was DD, I'd try to put up more points than ever before. Regardless of what happened or didn't happen last year, I still think it's ridiculous that he felt the need to leave a place he had invested in for many years. 

Not one for running up the score, but I would understand if he chose to do it. He wont though because the seniors, juniors, sophomores still at Polk playing football there most likely played for him so why should the kids suffer. And he will surely be satisfied coming off with a win and a slight smirk pointed towards the Polk leader of faculty 8-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Loudon did the same thing after 2014.(2015 they were 2-9 and 2016 they were 1-9 and last year 3-8)....it happens everywhere. 

Coaching change was the reason though. A bad coaching change at that. Loudon also has recovered from those down years by going 8-4 in 2017 and 3-0 so far this year. Polk has only had 1 winning season (last year) since 2013. I'm not trying to argue who has the worst down years, was just seeing if anybody had any insight as to why Polk hasn't rebounded like teams usually do.