Fairview @ Waverly

Swarm

Just now, JumboTron said:

Yes you are correct to a degree. But these seniors are tough kids who will continue to work for this year. They need us to back them. A couple changes on D and it will make a difference. 

I can agree with that. I stay on coach T and I just don’t want to rev us up to be something we are not at this point. I think I’m coming off the wrong way to some people. I travel all over the state to watch high school football. I have seen what we would be up against and we are nowhere near ready for some of the teams out there. I’m just trying to state the facts not sugar coating anything. I have backed this team since I been on here. I think I was the only one posting for Waverly in 2015. Regardless how the season ends I will be proud of my team. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swarm said:

We aren't anywhere close to the passing threat we have been but can still throw it around fair. Little bit of a crapshoot when we throw it. Has bitten us several times this year. I expect we'll run 80% of the time and will hit you deep when you get too downhill on defense. 

I think you guys will pass it more than anybody we have faced. Camden threw it a lot and should have capitalized on it more than they did. Hopefully we will have those issues worked out. Coach should know better and if it’s not the coach and it’s the kids not following the assignments I would sit their butts and get some of those younger kids in there that will listen. I don’t know but something gotta give.

Always looking forward to this game! I think this can be another classic if we don't start off slow like we've done these 1st 3 games. We have once again fell into the pattern of being a second half team. We are not going to beat the Huntington's, Fairview's, or Westview's this way. We have to find a way to get the boys to come out with the same intensity they have in the 2nd half, in the 1st half. So I do have to agree with Vandy on the overall picture. We are improving each week, and I'm PRAYING, by the end of the regular season we have gotten were we need to be, but but as of right now, we are not ready to take on a Peabody or Meigs or a TC. Not going to put Fairview in that because I don't want Swarm to get to excited, lol.:thumb:

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I can agree with that. I stay on coach T and I just don’t want to rev us up to be something we are not at this point. I think I’m coming off the wrong way to some people. I travel all over the state to watch high school football. I have seen what we would be up against and we are nowhere near ready for some of the teams out there. I’m just trying to state the facts not sugar coating anything. I have backed this team since I been on here. I think I was the only one posting for Waverly in 2015. Regardless how the season ends I will be proud of my team. 

I can definitely relate to this post vandy. I am more positive about our team right now than I've been since Stroup left, but that doesn't change the fact that we're not ready to compete with good teams yet. I think that our timeline is two years out before we can challenge anybody relevant, but in my estimation y'all are closer than that. Between where we were and where we are now, we threw two years in the trash, and a lot of kids aren't playing now for that reason... I think that Waverly went straight from "the man" to the "next man". The Tigers graduated a great class, and was going to have to re engineer their team even if McConnell had stayed. Changing coaches also has that effect on a team regardless of talent returning, and you had both things happen at once. Now for the good... Talent level and depth are still there, and though it's different, you know the coaching is there as well. All the Tigers need is time to gel from good players with a good coach into a team that believes in themselves and their coaching... won't be two years.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I can definitely relate to this post vandy. I am more positive about our team right now than I've been since Stroup left, but that doesn't change the fact that we're not ready to compete with good teams yet. I think that our timeline is two years out before we can challenge anybody relevant, but in my estimation y'all are closer than that. Between where we were and where we are now, we threw two years in the trash, and a lot of kids aren't playing now for that reason... I think that Waverly went straight from "the man" to the "next man". The Tigers graduated a great class, and was going to have to re engineer their team even if McConnell had stayed. Changing coaches also has that effect on a team regardless of talent returning, and you had both things happen at once. Now for the good... Talent level and depth are still there, and though it's different, you know the coaching is there as well. All the Tigers need is time to gel from good players with a good coach into a team that believes in themselves and their coaching... won't be two years.

Good post Trader

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I agree with this post and I know Vandy isn't hating on us he's just trying to replace Kirk Herbstreet on ESPN lol. I saw a different team in the second half this week than I've seen in any scrimmage or game this far and it's one that I like. We've been a little too laid back in my opinion and I saw fire in the kids and coaches and I hope that continues! 

1 minute ago, Tigers6056 said:

I agree with this post and I know Vandy isn't hating on us he's just trying to replace Kirk Herbstreet on ESPN lol. I saw a different team in the second half this week than I've seen in any scrimmage or game this far and it's one that I like. We've been a little too laid back in my opinion and I saw fire in the kids and coaches and I hope that continues! 

Me too bud

4 hours ago, Tigers6056 said:

Me three!

Purely speculating but I can see this game going 2 ways based on what I do know.

1. Track meet- Fairview starts fast with quick scores and forces Waverly to play catch up. Fairview pulls ahead in the 3rd quarter and wins comfortably by 2 or 3 scores.

Or

2. Street fight- Fairview continues with the holding, committing personal fouls, missing open field tackles, and finds themselves in a brawl in a rowdy environment. The more disciplined team wins by a score.