Fairview @ Waverly

Swarm

14 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yes we needed it BAD! So proud of those guys they played hard. Penalties and a lot of them but I will take a “W” over Fairview any day of the week!

Man the running game looked good tonight.  Pass def  got better as the game went on killed some drives with pens . But great win

• Upvote 2

Awesome win for the Tigers. Congratulations.

You guys look about like what I expected you to before the season started to be honest. That senior leadership and experience upfront is what its all about and was the difference. Enough can't be said about that in my opinion. You guys won up there and outmatched us pure and simple. Both sides of the ball. We had enough athletes to hang with you is really the bottom line of this game. Waverly completley controlled the line of scrimmage and I'll add were more fundamentally sound. I saw some great down field blocking from kids absolutely laying the wood. 

Fairview has some soul searching to do. Sycamore, Stewart County and especially Camden are all going to be big and strong upfront as well. I guess if we keep trying to tackle with our hands in our pockets it wont matter anyway. 

Congrats again Tigers. I tip my cap. I know this is a big win for you guys right now. You guys are going to be fine. Good luck from here on out. :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yes we needed it BAD! So proud of those guys they played hard. Penalties and a lot of them but I will take a “W” over Fairview any day of the week!

You better savor the flavor is all I know. Next year we coming for ya!!!

Lol. :lol:

It was good to finally meet you tonight buddy. 

18 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Awesome win for the Tigers. Congratulations.

You guys look about like what I expected you to before the season started to be honest. That senior leadership and experience upfront is what its all about and was the difference. Enough can't be said about that in my opinion. You guys won up there and outmatched us pure and simple. Both sides of the ball. We had enough athletes to hang with you is really the bottom line of this game. Waverly completley controlled the line of scrimmage and I'll add were more fundamentally sound. I saw some great down field blocking from kids absolutely laying the wood. 

Fairview has some soul searching to do. Sycamore, Stewart County and especially Camden are all going to be big and strong upfront as well. I guess if we keep trying to tackle with our hands in our pockets it wont matter anyway. 

Congrats again Tigers. I tip my cap. I know this is a big win for you guys right now. You guys are going to be fine. Good luck from here on out. :thumb:

Thanks Swarm you're a class act! The past few years I've hated to see anyone lose these games they've been battles and hard fought! I've laughed reading our fans complaining about the refs and I run the chains and heard yalls side complain and I saw things both teams did that didn't get called. I sure wouldn't want to be a ref lol. Good luck the rest of the season!

17 minutes ago, Tigers6056 said:

Thanks Swarm you're a class act! The past few years I've hated to see anyone lose these games they've been battles and hard fought! I've laughed reading our fans complaining about the refs and I run the chains and heard yalls side complain and I saw things both teams did that didn't get called. I sure wouldn't want to be a ref lol. Good luck the rest of the season!

Thank you sir.

No way I would be a ref. One side is going to hate you every call you make and somebody on both sides is going to heckle you all night. Lol. I'll just sit the stands and clap and curse. I hate seeing those big game changing calls be questionable. Did you see a block in the back on our kickoff return that was called back? I saw the ref when he threw the flag but not what he saw apparently. Nobody on the field was on the ground and he threw it way behind the play. Not saying it didnt happen but I'd like to see the film to see what happened. I saw plenty of holding on both sides that didn't get called. It didnt seem like the refs were leaning one way or the other to me. There was lots of holding going on on both sides. 

Edited by Swarm

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

See Vandy, I told you we just had to have a little faith and patience with our boys. Looks like the the boys and the coaches are finally gellin and getting it figured out. Glad to see a few more being utilized in the offense as well. We keep progressing like this, we may be able to make a little noise in November. :thumb:

Edited by Super8Dad
Misspelling