Fairview @ Waverly

Swarm

1 minute ago, Swarm said:

Thank you sir.

No way I would be a ref. One side is going to hate you every call you make and somebody on both sides is going to heckle you all night. Lol. I'll just sit the stands and clap and curse. I hate seeing those big game changing calls be questionable. Did you see a block in the back on our kickoff return that was called back? I saw the ref when he threw the flag but not what he saw apparently. Nobody on the field was on the ground and he three it way behind the play. Not saying it didnt happen but I'd like to see the film to see what happened. I saw plenty of holding on both sides that didn't get called. It didnt seem like the refs were leaning one way or the other to me. There was lots of holding going on on both sides. 

I saw it unfortunately for you guys, it was a block in the back. If you watch film, it was the last guy we had that could have made the tackle, and one of your guys grabbed him by the jersey and shoulder pads and spun him completely around. That's how your back was able to break free. You are right though, there was A LOT of holding on both sides! I honestly believed the refs got tired of calling it after a while, lol. We have definitely got to get that cleaned up! 

Man I wished I would have known you guys were meeting up, I would have loved to have met you. You really are a class act and I always respect your opinion! 

By the way, I called it, lol.

Great game tonight, and I wish y'all luck on the rest of your season!

7 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

I saw it unfortunately for you guys, it was a block in the back. If you watch film, it was the last guy we had that could have made the tackle, and one of your guys grabbed him by the jersey and shoulder pads and spun him completely around. That's how your back was able to break free. You are right though, there was A LOT of holding on both sides! I honestly believed the refs got tired of calling it after a while, lol. We have definitely got to get that cleaned up! 

Man I wished I would have known you guys were meeting up, I would have loved to have met you. You really are a class act and I always respect your opinion! 

By the way, I called it, lol.

Great game tonight, and I wish y'all luck on the rest of your season!

Thanks for the kind words. 

I'll take your word for it on the penalty. I dont doubt it a bit. He probably just delayed throwing the flag a bit then. I knew it was well behind the ball carrier when he launched it.

Regardless, Waverly was the better team tonight and got the win they deserved. I might have felt guilty if we drained that field goal at the buzzer. Heck it looked like we did. I'm sure you guys heard us cheer before the ref signaled "No good" lol. Just think if we made that. It was close!

4 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Thanks for the kind words. 

I'll take your word for it on the penalty. I dont doubt it a bit. He probably just delayed throwing the flag a bit then. I knew it was well behind the ball carrier when he launched it.

Regardless, Waverly was the better team tonight and got the win they deserved. I might have felt guilty if we drained that field goal at the buzzer. Heck it looked like we did. I'm sure you guys heard us cheer before the ref signaled "No good" lol. Just think if we made that. It was close!

Oh man when it went up my heart sank into my stomach! It looked like it was going straight in and then at the very last second it curved. That would have been devastating had he made it though, and not just for the night, I think for the season. That would have taken all the wind out of our sails. To work that hard and play that good and to lose on the last play of the game.  Oh man I don't even want to think about it anymore, lol. Definitely another classic though, to be honest, I'm getting to old for this. Got my heart rate going crazy like that. Really going to miss this next year!:cry:

54 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Thank you sir.

No way I would be a ref. One side is going to hate you every call you make and somebody on both sides is going to heckle you all night. Lol. I'll just sit the stands and clap and curse. I hate seeing those big game changing calls be questionable. Did you see a block in the back on our kickoff return that was called back? I saw the ref when he threw the flag but not what he saw apparently. Nobody on the field was on the ground and he threw it way behind the play. Not saying it didnt happen but I'd like to see the film to see what happened. I saw plenty of holding on both sides that didn't get called. It didnt seem like the refs were leaning one way or the other to me. There was lots of holding going on on both sides. 

I saw it but it was more of a hold than a block in the back. Our player turned trying to get loose and at that point it looked like a block in the back and that may have been when the ref saw it but it started as just holding.

I feel like the Tigers in the past 2 weeks have found their identity and have truly bought in to Coach Boldin. The boys were flying around and doing everything wide open with a lot of intensity and straight up laying the wood on both sides of the ball. Most importantly you could see the boys having fun and enjoying the game! Probably one of the most exciting games I’ve seen in a long time and the Waverly crowd was hyped! Excited for our Tigers and this program going forward!

• Upvote 1

One more post and I'll get out of here. 

I was impressed with Waverly's coach. His gameplan was perfect and he exposed us for what we are. Or are not. However you want to put it. I made the comment on our first offensive drive, "We're going to get beat tonight." It turned out to be a good close game but Waverly has better personel and more experience in the key places. They made us look like the young team that we are. I wouldn't advise anyone in region 5 or 6 to put them out to pasture yet. 

It was a good game.  Tough gritty football in the trenches.  I'll say this one time and not offend anyone.  I do feel FV was out coached tonight.  Waverly's game plan was spot on.  They keyed on our typical guys and we played a typical game.  We did manage to find some strength in our passing game, but quickly went away from it. 

From what I am hearing, FV is down some kids after this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FVJackets said:

It was a good game.  Tough gritty football in the trenches.  I'll say this one time and not offend anyone.  I do feel FV was out coached tonight.  Waverly's game plan was spot on.  They keyed on our typical guys and we played a typical game.  We did manage to find some strength in our passing game, but quickly went away from it. 

From what I am hearing, FV is down some kids after this game. 

What’s up with that?