Happy Valley @ Unicoi County

1 minute ago, pujo said:

I'm in you're corner as usual . Stranger things have happened. You'll have to ball control them to death

Honestly don't think it matters. Well have to score every possession to stay in it. They're just so good at skill position, not sure how to keep Willis and Co. In check. 

Just now, crow said:

Honestly don't think it matters. Well have to score every possession to stay in it. They're just so good at skill position, not sure how to keep Willis and Co. In check. 

You won't. Only chance is to keep the ball and limit their possessions, throw in a couple of turnovers and hope for some drive stalling penalties.  Its an up hill battle anyway you look at it. 1a and 2a never have the type offence you face this week.

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

You won't. Only chance is to keep the ball and limit their possessions, throw in a couple of turnovers and hope for some drive stalling penalties.  Its an up hill battle anyway you look at it. 1a and 2a never have the type offence you face this week.

You don't have to tell me lol. I know what we're facing. I'm not calling for a win but I will say we'rea little better than most outside the region are thinking. We're not elite but we're not bad for sure. Got a lot of seniors, next year might be tough. 

Just now, crow said:

You don't have to tell me lol. I know what we're facing. I'm not calling for a win but I will say we'rea little better than most outside the region are thinking. We're not elite but we're not bad for sure. Got a lot of seniors, next year might be tough. 

Top 10 I,d say but still  not in the elite class, not bad for a small country school. Like most small rural schools ,you never have a lot of natural talent.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

I'm still the same old me,lol Takes a little to get me going but if need be, I'll let my feelings be known.  You know me like a book.

That's true.  And you are right most of the time on football.  Which is why I'm concerned about the blue and gold Friday night.  Either way, I'll be there to watch a good football game

15 minutes ago, THE KING said:

That's true.  And you are right most of the time on football.  Which is why I'm concerned about the blue and gold Friday night.  Either way, I'll be there to watch a good football game

Anything can happen in a football game and especially when these 2 meet but you have every right to be concerned, my guess is ,if Hampton don't cobble it up and it seems they are pretty good at doing that, They are probably 3 td,s better than Cloudland. This is not to belittle anyone,its just the way the teams have performed to this point. Don't think Cloudland can stop Hampton and will have a heck of a time moving the football.  Thats a BAD combination.

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Fact and you were VERY fortunate. I call it fairly.

Pujo, I have a question and I asked uknowit2 last night. You all have the speed with a couple of your backs to pitch it and hit the edge. Unless I missed something, I saw your tailback come around the corner once or twice. With gains. The pass to the back on the 2pt conversion, didn't see that anymore. HV defense had 11 guys thinking run and it showed. As far as saying Hampton is the better team, not gonna go that far, but they are better in some areas. Your power backs game, especially with Matty and Oaks reminded me of Johnson County of the old days. Smash mouth running it up the gut. 

Just now, Kickersdad said:

Pujo, I have a question and I asked uknowit2 last night. You all have the speed with a couple of your backs to pitch it and hit the edge. Unless I missed something, I saw your tailback come around the corner once or twice. With gains. The pass to the back on the 2pt conversion, didn't see that anymore. HV defense had 11 guys thinking run and it showed. As far as saying Hampton is the better team, not gonna go that far, but they are better in some areas. Your power backs game, especially with Matty and Oaks reminded me of Johnson County of the old days. Smash mouth running it up the gut. 

Happy Valley too quick to get outside on, you can do it a time or two and get by with it. Hampton run the sweep all night against Unicoi, you have to know the strengths and weaknesses of you're opponents. Hampton had the perfect game plan but penalties  was what stopped them a few times in crucial situations.

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Well King I was at the game last night I didn’t think Hampton was better than HV. I thought it was a evenly matched. Happy Valley QB quit on his team at halftime.

36 minutes ago, pujo said:

Anything can happen in a football game and especially when these 2 meet but you have every right to be concerned, my guess is ,if Hampton don't cobble it up and it seems they are pretty good at doing that, They are probably 3 td,s better than Cloudland. This is not to belittle anyone,its just the way the teams have performed to this point. Don't think Cloudland can stop Hampton and will have a heck of a time moving the football.  Thats a BAD combination.

Evidently, the pieces we lost from last year had more of an impact than I thought.  We were 3 td's better last year and have the same line.