Cloudland travels to Hampton.

pujo

53 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I watched the film...HV should've scored a couple more times with the flag count difference  and lack of flags.

J. Jones slant catch NEVER hit the ground....bad call. QB was hit late multiple times right in front of white hat, no flag....15 yd penalty on hitting the receiver going for the ball, ridiculous. So yes, HV should've scored two more times at least.

For this week, if discipline can be taught in four days, we'll be fine. If we refuse to be in position and do our jobs, if we refuse to block and the QB and backs have to run for their lives again, will be another toss up SMH

Wasn't 100 percent positive but I thought Jonah caught that ball. 

4 minutes ago, pujo said:

Bet you 100 dollars you will not win another game when the other team  racks up that many more 1st downs than you. What you think. You guy had a lot of good fortune. It is what it is, 

I don't get the good fortune part. Only 1 Hampton drive did they fumble it away. The rest of them were either turnover on downs or punts. Our defense is tough and I've seen us all year we were not tired late in that game. We stayed in the game and finished it. Proud of our boys. And your 1 scoring drive was penalty aided also. 

Edited by TheUltimateWarrior98
More to add

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I don't get the good fortune part. Only 1 Hampton drive did they fumble it away. The rest of them were either turnover on downs or punts. Our defense is tough and I've seen us all year we were not tired late in that game. We stayed in the game and finished it. Proud of our boys. And your 1 scoring drive was penalty aided also. 

If I were a happy valley fan, I'd say we got the win but were very fortunate. If this would have happened the other way around, I'd known exactly what happened. Wouldn't bother me to admit it.

13 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Like I said last night, we had no intensity and as I watched film, we did not do our jobs...HV played well by taking advantage of laziness and playing hard....Any time Oaks gets only two yards here and two yards there, it's not so much the D as it is 1 against 8 because we were not disciplined.

Penalized finally....Heck, penalties stopped drive after drive for us....We don't get our heads on this week, it'll be the same thing 

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Like I said last night, we had no intensity and as I watched film, we did not do our jobs...HV played well by taking advantage of laziness and playing hard....Any time Oaks gets only two yards here and two yards there, it's not so much the D as it is 1 against 8 because we were not disciplined.

Penalized finally....Heck, penalties stopped drive after drive for us....We don't get our heads on this week, it'll be the same thing 

Penalties was the biggest thing that stopped drives all night. But I'm through with it. Hampton just has to clean up the dumb junk. If not It'll be a long disappointing season.

3 minutes ago, pujo said:

Penalties was the biggest thing that stopped drives all night. But I'm through with it. Hampton just has to clean up the dumb junk. If not It'll be a long disappointing season.

Didn't say we didn't deserve the penalties either! But film shows why we didn't get to the QB and why I was screaming so much :roflolk:....Holding flags could have easily been in our favor. 

BUT BUT, if we are disciplined, questionable penalties aren't as big a factor.

12 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

This bunch had better get ready for Cland to come in and smack em in the mouth after seeing the game they saw last night. We don't get a few things straightened out, we'll all be hoping the Landers tire early and that's not football attitude.

Hope the much better half is OK.