The tough road continues this week for Henry County

OmahaPatriot

Great win Friday night over Dyer County. All three phases of the game were dominated by the Patriots. Our freshman quarterback has made some huge strides since week one at Haywood. Was great to see 5 back at RB. Hope to get 8 back this week as well.

Now onto Brentwood. They won last night 63-0. They look to be in mid season form in the young season and clicking on all cylinders. Could be a favorite to compete for the 6A crown. Our Big Red Machine seems to be improving every week. Not expecting to win this game, but I definitely think it is possible if we play well and catch a few breaks. Hoping for an injury free night. My early feeling is 27-23 Brentwood. Hope I’m wrong. GBR

Brentwood is indeed very tough, possibly  a top 5 team in 6A this year. HC definitely has their work cut out for them, but we schedule these games for a reason. I hear Brentwood is a good passing team. Could present some new and different challenges for our defense.

I will say 28-20 Brentwood, and that’s factoring home field into the equation. I initially had 35-20 typed out. We have outperformed my predictions each of the last two weeks and I am hopeful that trend continues. 

• Like 1

I'm not posting a prediction until Thursday. Going to study film on them and see how good they really are. They beat MBA, Cane Ridge and Dickson County. Just would like to throw this out. Those teams combined are 2-9 so far this season. Compared to Henry Countys three opponents are Haywood, Beech, and Dyer County with a combined record of 7-2. But I will study film and see how legit they are. Not going to get too excited either way until I see for myself. 

GO BIG RED

Watching film on Brentwood/Dickson County. DC's whole team is a slop fest! They are terrible. Worse than a middle school team! Brentwood flys to the ball on defense. Fast receivers, really good QB, they like to run screens a lot. They are good at what they do and are very well coached of course. Here are the Stats:

Brentwood 

Total Yards - 480

Passing Yards - 351

Rushing Yards - 129

Dickson County 

Total Yards - 45

Passing Yards - 25

Rushing Yards - 20

2 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Brentwood is very strong defensively, will be the best you have seen, they are good offensively, and well coached.....

I am going to say Brentwood 34-13, give or take a score on either side.....

Well if you take a score away from Brentwood and add one to HC you got yourself a ball game. Interesting. So u say possible 27-20?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PatriotNation said:

I'm not posting a prediction until Thursday. Going to study film on them and see how good they really are. They beat MBA, Cane Ridge and Dickson County. Just would like to throw this out. Those teams combined are 2-9 so far this season. Compared to Henry Countys three opponents are Haywood, Beech, and Dyer County with a combined record of 7-2. But I will study film and see how legit they are. Not going to get too excited either way until I see for myself. 

GO BIG RED

Dickson County is terrible, but records aside, MBA and Cane Ridge are usually very solid. Both have lost to the same two opponents (Brentwood and Pearl Cohn). 

On a side note, Pearl Cohn must be freaking loaded this year. Aren’t they 3A? :shock:

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Dickson County is terrible, but records aside, MBA and Cane Ridge are usually very solid. Both have lost to the same two opponents (Brentwood and Pearl Cohn). 

On a side note, Pearl Cohn must be freaking loaded this year. Aren’t they 3A? :shock:

Pearl Cohn usually is loaded, but having it translate to the postseason has been a struggle for them at times

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eers said:

This is a winnable game for HC. Limit mistakes and capitalize on scoring opportunities.  Beech moved the ball but had a problem capitalizing on their opportunities when they scrimmaged (missing several starters as well). 

Cane Ridge moved the ball on them as well. Just had fumbles giving Brentwood short fields.

12 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

GO BIG RED

Very misleading stat. MBA's losses are to Brentwood and Pearl Cohn. Cane Ridge's losses are to Pearl Cohn and Brentwood. Dickson is terrible, but to beat another 6a team 63-0 is very impressive. Brentwood will win this one comfortably. Dyer County's two wins are against Crockett and Obion. I respect Henry County as a 5a program, but no way a top 2 team in Williamson County loses to Henry County. 

Edited by MidStateFan1