The tough road continues this week for Henry County

OmahaPatriot

On 9/8/2019 at 8:13 PM, MidStateFan1 said:

Very misleading stat. MBA's losses are to Brentwood and Pearl Cohn. Cane Ridge's losses are to Pearl Cohn and Brentwood. Dickson is terrible, but to beat another 6a team 63-0 is very impressive. Brentwood will win this one comfortably. Dyer County's two wins are against Crockett and Obion. I respect Henry County as a 5a program, but no way a top 2 team in Williamson County loses to Henry County. 

Brentwood will win this comfortably? No way a top 2 team in Williamson County loses to Henry County? You obviously didnt know much about this Henry County team. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Yes we did. The freshman is cold as ice. Kid went 12/19 for 104. Those numbers won’t jump off the page, but against a defense as good as Brentwood, you couldn’t ask him to be more calm, cool, and efficient. 

The defense is a force. I’m not sure I would trade our secondary for any in the state. 

That said, I’m still high off a big win, but I’m proud of these guys. That’s not the same team that went to Brownsville 3 weeks ago. 

The young QB grew up a little tonight, forget the numbers, they will come, the composure is the biggest thing.....

Edited by Kevin38
  • Upvote 2

On 9/13/2019 at 9:26 AM, PatriotNation said:

Anyways would like to show Highlights of Zamariyon Kendall! This is a stud freshman that is going to be special at Henry County!!!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2BfJrh

I have a bias here, but if a freshman can start at QB for the Pats- why can't a a freshman RB this good get some touches? any thoughts from the faithful?

2 minutes ago, bottomwriter said:

I have a bias here, but if a freshman can start at QB for the Pats- why can't a a freshman RB this good get some touches? any thoughts from the faithful?

Crowded backfield this year, although it seems I remember him playing some WR for the varsity in our jamboree. 

Regardless, I would be surprised if he doesn't get plenty of touches starting next year. Also looks like he has the makings to be a very good DB. 

#3 played a heck of a game last night btw :thumb: 

16 minutes ago, bottomwriter said:

get

16 minutes ago, bottomwriter said:

I could be wrong and it might just be at HC but I think they have to play varsity or 9th grade. I can’t recall anyone doing both. I’m certain he will be varsity when their season is over. 

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Crowded backfield this year, although it seems I remember him playing some WR for the varsity in our jamboree. 

Regardless, I would be surprised if he doesn't get plenty of touches starting next year. Also looks like he has the makings to be a very good DB. 

#3 played a heck of a game last night btw :thumb: 

Thanks! We proud!

I realize and accept that HC is a wait your turn program, but there should be exceptions when warranted.  He may not have mastered the nuisances of the game at this level yet, such as where and when to go, blocking schemes and pass protection- but if he has.....

18 minutes ago, bottomwriter said:

I think he could. Only problem is we have 4 really good RB's. We will lose 3 of them this year so he will have a spot open next year! He is gonna be special!