The tough road continues this week for Henry County

OmahaPatriot

11 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

I think he could. Only problem is we have 4 really good RB's. We will lose 3 of them this year so he will have a spot open next yearJ He is gonna be special!

No doubt next year will be a JO, JK, ZK world and freshman #7 might make some noise with the ball in his hands.

But, on to The High

Edited by bottomwriter
left out some information

4 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Crowded backfield this year, although it seems I remember him playing some WR for the varsity in our jamboree. 

Regardless, I would be surprised if he doesn't get plenty of touches starting next year. Also looks like he has the makings to be a very good DB. 

#3 played a heck of a game last night btw :thumb: 

Not just backfield, crowded skill positions period. We have a bunch of skill guys that have played a lot of snaps for us. Z has a chance to be a very good player, and will more than likely start for us somewhere next year as a sophomore. #3 gets overlooked sometimes with 5, 8, 1, etc, but I think he is very talented. He will likely be our feature guy at either RB or receiver next year. Great player. 

The freshman QB thing is just a different animal. From what I’ve been told, he was just so far ahead of the other guys from the start, that they basically had no choice but to start him. Throwing, footwork, the mental side, he’s just on a different level. There’s no telling how good that kid will be by the time he’s done here. Going to be so fun to watch them all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OmahaPatriot said:

Not just backfield, crowded skill positions period. We have a bunch of skill guys that have played a lot of snaps for us. Z has a chance to be a very good player, and will more than likely start for us somewhere next year as a sophomore. #3 gets overlooked sometimes with 5, 8, 1, etc, but I think he is very talented. He will likely be our feature guy at either RB or receiver next year. Great player. 

The freshman QB thing is just a different animal. From what I’ve been told, he was just so far ahead of the other guys from the start, that they basically had no choice but to start him. Throwing, footwork, the mental side, he’s just on a different level. There’s no telling how good that kid will be by the time he’s done here. Going to be so fun to watch them all!

U are right about #3. I like him as our Starting RB next year! He is smart and has great instincts! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

U are right about #3. I like him as our Starting RB next year! He is smart and has great instincts! 

I definitely think he could do that. I hope they move him around. I’d like to see him get some snaps at RB, but also in the slot and outside. And wildcat too. He can be utilized many places, and on defense as well. I could see him being a “slash” type player for us next year. 

4 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

I definitely think he could do that. I hope they move him around. I’d like to see him get some snaps at RB, but also in the slot and outside. And wildcat too. He can be utilized many places, and on defense as well. I could see him being a “slash” type player for us next year. 

He was in wildcat against Dyer County and Brentwood and had 2 rushing TD's 

1 hour ago, OmahaPatriot said:

True. I think he could be used in much the same role as Travis is being used this year. I'd honestly forgotten he was only a junior until I looked at my program last night. Between he, Odoms, Johnson, the two TE/FB's (#87 and #47), and even #15 Perry whom I expect to keep improving, there will be no shortage of experienced weapons next year. Adding Z. Kendall to that mix is gravy.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

True. I think he could be used in much the same role as Travis is being used this year. I'd honestly forgotten he was only a junior until I looked at my program last night. Between he, Odoms, Johnson, the two TE/FB's (#87 and #47), and even #15 Perry whom I expect to keep improving, there will be no shortage of experienced weapons next year. Adding Z. Kendall to that mix is gravy.  

Look at us getting all excited for next year! AND with good reason! But this is a special next few years for Henry County and now we know they can win a big game! They done showed out and I fully expect an 8-2 regular season record. Isnt it funny how a few weeks ago we was talking MAYBE 7-3 or 6-4. With the defense we have and a offense getting better weekly I expect if everyone stays healthy we can get at least to 3rd round of playoffs if not semifinals. Just another prediction. Yall should know by now I'm not half bad at predictions lol. Let's get it! GO BIG RED!

• Like 1