The Official Alcoa vs Maryville

BCsportsfan

Maryville won this game BUT the officiating was pretty bad against Alcoa. Again, I didn't have a dog in this fight but I am just calling what I seen. Maryville had quite a bit more total offense & wore down Alcoa in the trenches but this wasn't the type of game that's such a rivalry that deserved poor officiating.

I feel like the officials cost Alcoa 10-14 points in this one. Maryville still probably would have won because they just dominated the OL & DL but it should have been a much closer game.

Edited by tonybologna

I like to make fun of Rankin always saying about 6 days before this game "Well, you know, we're only a 3A school, it's hard to compete with a 6A school" always building those excuses well before the game starts.  However, it was ABSOLUTELY apparent during the last half of the 3rd and entire 4th quarter that Maryville just wore down the Alcoa team (many kids playing both ways).  Big fight in Alcoa, they'll win the state easy.  Good game to watch.  Maryville tried to give it away!

• Like 1

Congrats Maryville! B)

Alcoa got whipped. Was hoping Alcoa would establish a running game. Never really put the personal to run the north and south?

Funny thing Maryville establish the run, and ran well. Alcoa had no answer for #9 and #24 running the ball!

Time to regroup and learn to run the football......sigh.

The Plus!, really enjoyed seeing all the Coacht people. Great bunch! That was a treat:flower::thumb:

Good gaim two all my Alcoee buds.....DH haid a vurry good gaim plan.....run tha clock down and moove tha chanes....Fer ennybodee keapin scorr DH iz now 30-3....A gold bawl and iz 2-1 agin Coach Rankin....Eye wuz surprised we didn't sea moore ov #7 runnin' tha bawl fer tha Naders....

Butt hats oft two MHS Oline thay controlled tha gaim fer tha most part agin bigger fellers and Mairvul iz knott big on D....butt thay play wif purtee good levearge and thay all run purtee good.....

:popcorneater:

• Like 2

That was a very hard fought game. I really did think Maryville would win it even without Tee. Parker McGill would have been starting in most high school backfields two years ago, just happens to have someone heading to UT in front of him. Maryville made plenty of mistakes tonight that would sent most teams home with a loss. Alcoa keeps you on your toes all game long just waiting for a big play that breaks your back into. Even down to the final seconds  I held my breath with a 14 point lead. That was a great sidestep move Zeke Rankin made in the endzone on that bad snap and a nice field goal and kick to the end zone.

56 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Congrats Maryville! B)

Alcoa got whipped. Was hoping Alcoa would establish a running game. Never really put the personal to run the north and south?

Funny thing Maryville establish the run, and ran well. Alcoa had no answer for #9 and #24 running the ball!

Time to regroup and learn to run the football......sigh.

The Plus!, really enjoyed seeing all the Coacht people. Great bunch! That was a treat:flower::thumb:

Great seeing you guys too! Thanks for introducing me to Booger! We had a great time tailgating at Goddard. We’ve already made plans to do it again in 2 years! 

2 hours ago, OldandBusted said:

Alcoa is a great team. Last year's team was one of the best in Tennessee history. This year's team is loaded across the board but QB play is the difference. You will win 3a on talent alone but to be considered elite you need a better signal caller. 

Wow! No fumbles, interceptions or mistakes to speak of. Last Junior QB almost lost to Grace, did lose to Kentucky, and Maryville. 

Edited by SJTornado
Added content