The Official Alcoa vs Maryville

BCsportsfan

Talk about losing a bunch of money on a bet!......If someone a day before the game would have said this game would be 3-3 starting the 4th qtr.,  I bet the house! I thought it would take around 28 to win it! 

Both defense's control the game. Alcoa left their defense on the field too much, due it part, IMO, the lack of a power running game. The offensive game plan tried to be too fancy and not just settle into a more traditional Rankin north and south power run game. Alcoa had the line size advantage, especially in the middle. Alcoa first drive was heavy QB draws up the center. Then they when away from it? Alcoa needed to have substained drives to keep the defense rested. Maryville did just that,  long clock eating drives. By the 4th qtr, Alcoa's defense was gassed. Why no adjustments to the jumbo and rotating in a few offensive lineman was crazy. Especially on the two last 8 minute drives by Maryville in the 4th qtr? 

Alcoa schedule gets easier up til DB comes to Alcoa in week 10.

Moving forward Alcoa needs more productivity from its offensive line and a power running game. The 3-4 defense needs to go away. Plenty of personal to go 4 hands in the dirt,  and move #1 to DE. Go back to the things that have won this team 5 straight Championships. 

• Upvote 1

Alcoa got manhandled up front last night and they didn't have a prayer offensively.  That's by far and away the most I've seen them get shoved around by an opposing team since I've been watching their football games dating back to 2004.  if Maryville had done a couple of things differently that game could have easily been 38-3 instead of 17-3.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Great seeing you guys too! Thanks for introducing me to Booger! We had a great time tailgating at Goddard. We’ve already made plans to do it again in 2 years! 

it were awful kind for the Goons to bring the matriarch of Maryville.....were an absolute pleasure .....were thinkin rebelwoman87 wooda been much older

.....thats gonna be quite a tandom in yalls backfield when that wounded player returns

Booger just sayin :thumb:

13 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Good gaim two all my Alcoee buds.....DH haid a vurry good gaim plan.....run tha clock down and moove tha chanes....Fer ennybodee keapin scorr DH iz now 30-3....A gold bawl and iz 2-1 agin Coach Rankin....Eye wuz surprised we didn't sea moore ov #7 runnin' tha bawl fer tha Naders....

Butt hats oft two MHS Oline thay controlled tha gaim fer tha most part agin bigger fellers and Mairvul iz knott big on D....butt thay play wif purtee good levearge and thay all run purtee good.....

:popcorneater:

Bars and Booger.....glad we got to get that outta the way.....and thought stars wooda been a lot younger.....and smaller:mrgreen:.......until next time

37 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa got manhandled up front last night and they didn't have a prayer offensively.  That's by far and away the most I've seen them get shoved around by an opposing team since I've been watching their football games dating back to 2004.  if Maryville had done a couple of things differently that game could have easily been 38-3 instead of 17-3.  

Got too fancy on Offensive play call for sure. That oline was 20-30 pounds bigger across the board and got ZERO push?  Ran that first drive right down the field, mainly of QB draw. Then, never exploited it the rest of the game?

Did not look like Alcoa football to me either. The team has so mant weapons,  and Maryville took their bullets?!

Without better line play, north and south power run game......set fire to that 3-4.....that spot for this years gold trophy might stay empty. 

one could consider it a bucket list item...a first time visit to the Alcoee/Marville contest......havin the Goon Squad flyin Booger into Aluminum City, sneekin him into Cobb Arena, feedin Booger fried chicken and brownies, then squarin off a seat up in the Goon Suite.....what a great atmosphere...recommend all without a dog in the hunt to get that one in sumtime.....

.....takin in short of contest by Booger......was a great matchup in the 1st half.....Maryville runnin game with a hints of nice passin attack just absolutely wore the tinheads down on the defensive side.....the tornadoes bigs on the O front line are as big as Booger has seen, but for sum reason were just not able to execute blocks and move that Maryville D line and LB's were they wanted to last evenin....Alcoee had plenty of great chances to capitalize on turnovers by the rebals.....and couldnt do that..

...the rebels OL and the play callin were just exploited that new defense the tornadoes have installed....the rebels backup runner is a load....legs churn hard and hes always leanin and fallin forward....guessin it may have been a good thing the rebs big back was wounded

.....two teams that r alpha males in their respective divisions.....one of the alphas just happens to b in a much bigger class...and it showed....that bein said....Booger will b sprised if each dont bring home gold balls again.....the Goons may have to set Rankin down in a corner and help him make a few adjustments to that squad to win theirs....but there is only 1 or 2 teams in that class even if Alcoee makes no changes

next time u Goons maroon carpet Booger into Cobb Arena....have him sum cool blowin fans set up.....thinkin the Irish could take em both

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

Watching the game, I was beginning to think the players had changed uniforms.  Going into the game, I thought the Rebels would have to pass in order to open up the run. Did Alcoa think that they needed to protect against the pass and focus on guarding the edge?  I was surprised that Maryville ran it so well inside.  Alcoa is still a great team at any level. I would not assume, as some might, that Alcoa is not as good as they have been. I just think they got out coached last night!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Booger said:

it were awful kind for the Goons to bring the matriarch of Maryville.....were an absolute pleasure .....were thinkin rebelwoman87 wooda been much older

.....thats gonna be quite a tandom in yalls backfield when that wounded player returns

Well I hit the big 5 OH this summer so I’m no sprang chackin! Great to see you! Come to The Black Hole next year Boog!

59 minutes ago, Booger said:

one could consider it a bucket list item...a first time visit to the Alcoee/Marville contest......havin the Goon Squad flyin Booger into Aluminum City, sneekin him into Cobb Arena, feedin Booger fried chicken and brownies, then squarin off a seat up in the Goon Suite.....what a great atmosphere...recommend all without a dog in the hunt to get that one in sumtime.....

.....takin in short of contest by Booger......was a great matchup in the 1st half.....Maryville runnin game with a hints of nice passin attack just absolutely wore the tinheads down on the defensive side.....the tornadoes bigs on the O front line are as big as Booger has seen, but for sum reason were just not able to execute blocks and move that Maryville D line and LB's were they wanted to last evenin....Alcoee had plenty of great chances to capitalize on turnovers by the rebals.....and couldnt do that..

...the rebels OL and the play callin were just exploited that new defense the tornadoes have installed....the rebels backup runner is a load....legs churn hard and hes always leanin and fallin forward....guessin it may have been a good thing the rebs big back was wounded

.....two teams that r alpha males in their respective divisions.....one of the alphas just happens to b in a much bigger class...and it showed....that bein said....Booger will b sprised if each dont bring home gold balls again.....the Goons may have to set Rankin down in a corner and help him make a few adjustments to that squad to win theirs....but there is only 1 or 2 teams in that class even if Alcoee makes no changes

next time u Goons maroon carpet Booger into Cobb Arena....have him sum cool blowin fans set up.....thinkin the Irish could take em both

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Love having ya!!:thumb: