The Official Alcoa vs Maryville

BCsportsfan

On 9/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, rebelwoman87 said:

I haven’t heard a number. There was a huge crowd but not like games past. Heat and TV coverage kept some home. 

The heat was almost unbearable.  The P.A. announcer said the heat index was taken in the stands and recorded at 115°F.   A nice lady handing out Red Rebels towels also gave me her Maryville fan.  

As Booger stated before, anyone who hasn't witnessed this rivalry should do so.  It was well worth the drive and the overnight stay. I thought both student sections were absolute tops.  

Hopefully I'll get to visit the Skeeter next year for this matchup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

The heat was almost unbearable.  The P.A. announcer said the heat index was taken in the stands and recorded at 115°F.   A nice lady handing out Red Rebels towels also gave me her Maryville fan.  

As Booger stated before, anyone who hasn't witnessed this rivalry should do so.  It was well worth the drive and the overnight stay. I thought both student sections were absolute tops.  

I hope you can too! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I hate I missed meeting ole Southtowner. Maybe next year.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Southtowner said:

sorry Booger missed Southtowner...or didnt Booger......next time or somewhere soon

Booger just sayin:huh: 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I heard Booger may be a hare better lookin’ than his avatar.

its a well nosed factualilty that it would take one hellofa Ladyboogerkilla to land MamaBooger.....Boog Did!

besides......the Goons just dont go out and bring any outsider in to fashion model & be the face of that Goon Squad Swimwear and Nighty Stuff line.......only those who have been givin the genetical stuff that can make ones brain bucket sittin up on top of that neck & swivel rotate on its axis gets that honor.......should Booger say no more

Booger just sayin emoticon-with-rose-between-teeth-vector-

Edited by Booger
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

43 minutes ago, Booger said:

sorry Booger missed Southtowner...or didnt Booger......next time or somewhere soon

Booger just sayin:huh: 

Sorry I'm missed meeting you guys as well. hopefully we'll meet up down the road sometime. after this year, I'll be freed up on Friday night's to catch a few games I've been wanting to for years. SP vs Jasper is close to the top.

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2019 at 11:50 AM, BCsportsfan said:

If you only knew RR...........

BC. I always respect your opinion.  I just find it hard to believe that Rankin doesn't take the Maryville game that serious. Especially the way Alcoa played Maryville last season.  They emptied the bucket that game.  Threw the kitchen sink at Maryville.  I watched Alcoa a few times afterwards and couldn't believe Walker Russell wasn't used as much.  I understand Rankin wanting to win state titles more. Maryville coaches are the same way.

4 hours ago, REBELRON said:

BC. I always respect your opinion.  I just find it hard to believe that Rankin doesn't take the Maryville game that serious. Especially the way Alcoa played Maryville last season.  They emptied the bucket that game.  Threw the kitchen sink at Maryville.  I watched Alcoa a few times afterwards and couldn't believe Walker Russell wasn't used as much.  I understand Rankin wanting to win state titles more. Maryville coaches are the same way.

I watched practice the week leading up to the Maryville game. The "game plan" that week in practice somehow disappeared come game time?

Really thought Alcoa would lean heavy against the middle of Maryville's  3-4 defense, with a power run game much like Marville did against Alcoa's 3-4 defense?  #7 is a load at Fullback, and was not used offensively.

In the 4th qtr, I was shocked Alcoa did not go to the big package to try and get the stop. Those were 15+ play drives. You don't take the time out?, you don't adjust to 4 down linemen especially inside the 20 yard line? You have multiple 265+ lbs linemen that could have helped? 

The real shocker is you allow another 15+ play drive and do the same thing? You can not leave your defense on the field like that. sad

Edited by BCsportsfan