Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

14 hours ago, catswild said:

This game interests me a lot. I just don't know what to make of OR right now...has OR improved or was CC terrible...or both. How good is Farragut? The fact that OR is a 13 point underdog makes total sense to me. Will Hayward be a factor tomorrow night? He hasn't done much lately. Will Turner be back on the field? Will the OR QB continue to show improvement? What will Farragut do to take Johnson away from the OR offense?  Will OR develop any type of running attack? 

The Heyward I just watched for Robertsville is who we need out there now.That kid is gonna be a big time player.I wanna see if 24 and 17 can stay involved and keep improving.I think if Oak Ridge can run the ball will be what decides if this game is close or not.Gotta keep the Ads offense on the sideline because we will have trouble stopping them from passing it all over the place.

CoachT fans are backing the Admirals in tonight's game.  There has been 17 votes cast and Farragut has run their flag up the pole 82.4 % of the time. This goes along with 5StarPreps' saying the Ads are a 13 point favorite.

<<<sniff, sniff, sniff>>> My Wildcat nose is twitching because I smell an upset brewing in the Ridge. Come on Oak Ridge Pack the Ship and cheer on the UNDERCATS!

14 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

LOL. I am glad you and your son were able to see the humor in that. I always get a kick at Clinton students chanting "Pussycats" at us. Good luck to your son and his teammates tomorrow night.

Oh, does FHS still stream their games live on the Internet? If yes, do you know if ORHS has given them the okay to do tomorrow's game?

Found out last night the Oak Ridge administration is denying Farragut from streaming the game online. Kind of a Bush league move if you ask me. 

This is definitely not the typical Farragut team. Not sure how they got in a position where they didn't have a RB. They moved their top receiver #20 to RB and he's done well, but I'm afraid he will get worn down. This has taken Farragut's only consistant deep threat out of the game. Plus, he doesn't play CB much anymore. The QB has been a little shaky so far, hopefully he'll settle down this week. Both lines are undersized and overall the team is nit very athletic. No idea what OR has but Farragut will have to play really well to win this one. 

48 minutes ago, catswild said:

If what you say is true, what would be the OR reason for doing that? Does OR always do that or is it just for this game?

The idea is that if you want to see the game, you have to show up and buy a ticket.  Makes sense to me. It's the same for any visiting team.  They don't care if it's bush league, everybody hates us anyway.  Lol

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Standard policy.

Yes and it is bad for fans who don't live in or near OR and for the older fans who have trouble getting around the Ship.

Interesting note....On CoachT's Oak Ridge Football Schedule it shows BBBTV12 airing the West AT Oak Ridge game next week. I guess since there is a relationship between BBBTV12 and the Joe Gaddis Coach's Show they get to air an OR home game.

BBTV12 is doing something I wouldn't think they would do. They are going to travel to Mt. Juliet and air that game. A long way to go for possibly a meaningless game.

RWR! Beat the living snot out of Farragut. Okay, I take that back. RWR! Just win Cats, you got this!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STARPOWER said:

This is definitely not the typical Farragut team. Not sure how they got in a position where they didn't have a RB. They moved their top receiver #20 to RB and he's done well, but I'm afraid he will get worn down. This has taken Farragut's only consistant deep threat out of the game. Plus, he doesn't play CB much anymore. The QB has been a little shaky so far, hopefully he'll settle down this week. Both lines are undersized and overall the team is nit very athletic. No idea what OR has but Farragut will have to play really well to win this one. 

This is also not the typical OR team. OR is undersized as always, but to add to that problem, it is the most unathletic and slowest OR team in recent memory. OR did not have a single long run against Campbell County, a traditionally slow team. To add insult to injury, the Campbell County JV team was faster than the OR JV team, although OR managed to win in four OTs. I'm surprised to hear you say what you said about Farragut since they scored a ton of points against what I thought was a very good Bradley team. I would love a win against Farragut but I'm not getting my hopes up.