Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

25 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

You’re giving the defense great? Wow that’s a reach imo. They did play good. But as one said... qb helped us a lot bad throws and drops by his players.  I agree with the Farragut guy offensive coordinators jacked this game. It’s really easy to beat oak ridge( saying this as a scout and coach that knows all the players). Good win again here comes west the best in 5A locally yes better than Powell I SAID IT

I can easily see West being a 20 point favorite against OR but Powell would be a 30 point fav. Then there is Central lurking out there and South-Doyle when they get their QB back. BUT, I have come to realize you know a lot about the football around here and you are likely correct.

I NEED TO MAKE ONE THING CLEAR...I may think Oak Ridge will be an underwildcat to West and Powell, I expect the Wildcats to take both down. There is no way I am picking against these Wildcats. They have earned my respect these last two weeks.

Happy one day late Birthday to Mitchell Gibbons. A victory over Farragut is a nice gift for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STARPOWER said:

I thought Farragut would have to play really well to win. So hard to overcome 22 penalties for 194. Farragut hasn't been Oak Ridged by the Anderson Co Officials Association in quite a few years. Also, sent 3 players to the bench for knee pad violations...really? You don't get that anywhere else but Blankenship. 

I guess you weren’t at the game. They were sent to the sidelines. And came back in and played the entire game. Facts. Get them right. 

49 minutes ago, Elitesports4 said:

You’re giving the defense great? Wow that’s a reach imo. They did play good. But as one said... qb helped us a lot bad throws and drops by his players.  I agree with the Farragut guy offensive coordinators jacked this game. It’s really easy to beat oak ridge( saying this as a scout and coach that knows all the players). Good win again here comes west the best in 5A locally yes better than Powell I SAID IT

A reach? Don’t be ‘that guy’. The held them to a zero in the second half. 

ZERO 2nD HALF.....ie....GREAT. 

Get with the program. 

59 minutes ago, STARPOWER said:

2 more gripes just because its Oak Ridge. First, why honor the 79 team during pregame in front of 200 people? The stands were full at halftime. Second, the woman on the PA made my ears bleed. 

Bush League. Now head on back to the other side of 75. 

Feels good to beat the Admirals, especially with a pretty mediocre team by OR standards.(Not taking away anything from our boys tonight, they played really good, but you know what I mean) Man, I'm just glad we had the refs on our side. I mean, Farragut did nothing too boneheaded by giving late hits and 600 false starts to justify getting that many penalty yards and all.  :rolleyes: To the classy Farragut fans, which there are a few on here, best of luck the rest of your season.

Edited by SweetScience

46 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Feels good to beat the Admirals, especially with a pretty mediocre team by OR standards.(Not taking away anything from our boys tonight, they played really good, but you know what I mean) Man, I'm just glad we had the refs on our side. I mean, Farragut did nothing too boneheaded by giving late hits and 600 false starts to justify getting that many penalty yards and all.  :rolleyes: To the classy Farragut fans, which there are a few on here, best of luck the rest of your season.

OR is a work in progress. 

14 minutes ago, bounder said:

Any word on the Farragut player that got hurt? Hate to see any player get taken off the field on a gurney, and then to the hospital. We're all praying for you, have a quick recovery young man.

I think a broken tibia. That’s what I heard as of last night. The last info I got was that they were deciding between surgery and casting first to see if it healed properly.

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I can easily see West being a 20 point favorite against OR but Powell would be a 30 point fav. Then there is Central lurking out there and South-Doyle when they get their QB back. BUT, I have come to realize you know a lot about the football around here and you are likely correct.

I NEED TO MAKE ONE THING CLEAR...I may think Oak Ridge will be an underwildcat to West and Powell, I expect the Wildcats to take both down. There is no way I am picking against these Wildcats. They have earned my respect these last two weeks.

Happy one day late Birthday to Mitchell Gibbons. A victory over Farragut is a nice gift for you.

Earned your respect against Campbell county? Tonight they earned my respect, but I won’t get ahead of myself. Different coach Farragut gets this one. I hope we beat west! Oak ridge can beat all of them imo playing their best football with adjustments! News for the fans heyward will be back in 3 weeks