Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Elite, I'm going to watch little Heyward Thursday night in the city championship. You have talked him up so much that I'm expecting nothing less than greatness, son! Looking forward to seeing this future Cat in person.

I watched the Lenoir City game and he is the real deal.  #22 and #11 are as well.  Robertsville is loaded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

I watched the Lenoir City game and he is the real deal.  #22 and #11 are as well.  Robertsville is loaded.

I'll watch them Thursday but when you say Robertsville is "loaded", do you mean they have two great athletes, or do they have any linemen to go with them. A middle school team can be "great" with just a single great athlete but it doesn't work that way in high school. I'm a linemen watcher during the game and one huge problem that exists here in Oak Ridge is the low number of quality linemen who come through the middle schools into the high school. I hope both middle schools have a few.

Edited by catswild

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Elite, I'm going to watch little Heyward Thursday night in the city championship. You have talked him up so much that I'm expecting nothing less than greatness, son! Looking forward to seeing this future Cat in person.

2 touchdowns or better every game! Multiple tackles and sacks! Don’t expect any difference! Let me know what you think and also check out 22 I like his style at running back 

2 hours ago, catswild said:

I'll watch them Thursday but when you say Robertsville is "loaded", do you mean they have two great athletes, or do they have any linemen to go with them. A middle school team can be "great" with just a single great athlete but it doesn't work that way in high school. I'm a linemen watcher during the game and one huge problem that exists here in Oak Ridge is the low number of quality linemen who come through the middle schools into the high school. I hope both middle schools have a few.

Rms runs the ball pretty good but have shot gun snap problems! It’s annoying sometimes. They have a bunch of athletes to be honest! They’re going to smother jms sadly 

2 hours ago, catswild said:

It's been better than most years at Robertsville.  #69 is a promising defensive end prospect, big kid with good speed.  I saw several on the offensive line that were pretty good size.   I thought they handled themselves pretty well against Lenoir City.  Again, I share your concern.  It is hard to be competitive with the best teams with undersized linemen in today's' game.  Another thing,  middle school teams stack 9 in the box and blitz every play.  Hard for 13 years old to block more than one.

7 minutes ago, catswild said:

I'm looking forward to the day when both Jefferson and Robertsville have a good team the same year.

That’s when we will start being in the running for the state championship every year, like we were every season back in the day. There were some knockout drag out battles in the 80s and 90s between those 2 squads when I was growing up in the Ridge. Talent everywhere on the field.

16 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Question: Has OR ever thought about combining the two middle school football programs? WB did that a few years ago and it is starting to pay off.

Bingo.  It is time to do this if we want to keep the high school team competitive.  There's just not enough bodies on each team to be good consistently.  Neither team can scrimmage 11 on 11 in practice.  One good OR Middle School team would be way more productive than 1 good team, and 1 bad team every year.  Can't even remember a year when both were good at the same time.  I don't see it heading that way either.  JMS may not have enough to field a team next year.  I am being serious.