Farragut ( 1 - 1 ) at Oak Ridge ( 1 - 2 )

WillieTheWildcats

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Bingo.  It is time to do this if we want to keep the high school team competitive.  There's just not enough bodies on each team to be good consistently.  Neither team can scrimmage 11 on 11 in practice.  One good OR Middle School team would be way more productive than 1 good team, and 1 bad team every year.  Can't even remember a year when both were good at the same time.  I don't see it heading that way either.  JMS may not have enough to field a team next year.  I am being serious. 

I miss middle school football

The Wildcat freshman with a big win.Oak Ridge 19 Farragut 7 . J.Williams is another good player coming up.Also had some good lineman.If we can keep everybody playing Oak Ridge is gonna have some great teams next 4 or 5 yrs.I think we see a jump next yr back to competing for region title and after that 2 or 3 yrs of good enough to get to Cookeville.

8 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The Wildcat freshman with a big win.Oak Ridge 19 Farragut 7 . J.Williams is another good player coming up.Also had some good lineman.If we can keep everybody playing Oak Ridge is gonna have some great teams next 4 or 5 yrs.I think we see a jump next yr back to competing for region title and after that 2 or 3 yrs of good enough to get to Cookeville.

I hope you're right but it's about LINEMEN, LINEMEN, LINEMEN!!!  I never hear anything about them. I thought the difference in this Farragut team from recent years was that they didn't have the dominant and huge linemen they've had in recent years. They were bigger than OR but not by much.

When I go to the Robertsville vs Jefferson game this week I'll be looking for linemen. Elite talks about the great athletes on the RMS team but he seems to know a little football and you MUST have linemen to go with them, but he never talks about them. That will determine just how good ORHS football will be. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about speed and who can take it the distance but OR NEEDS LINEMEN in a big way!

6 hours ago, catswild said:

When I go to the Robertsville vs Jefferson game this week I'll be looking for linemen. Elite talks about the great athletes on the RMS team but he seems to know a little football and you MUST have linemen to go with them, but he never talks about them. That will determine just how good ORHS football will be. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about speed and who can take it the distance but OR NEEDS LINEMEN in a big way!

Lol what do you want me to say? The line is good when the center gets the ball off. They aren’t undefeated for nothing? The running back scores all the time! I know football I played all the way up to college decided to continue basketball. I train kids/mentor/ and coach. Don’t bring me up just go watch lol

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

Lol what do you want me to say? The line is good when the center gets the ball off. They aren’t undefeated for nothing? The running back scores all the time! I know football I played all the way up to college decided to continue basketball. I train kids/mentor/ and coach. Don’t bring me up just go watch lol

Even though we've had our differences I do believe that you know a little football. My point is that you always talk about the great talent at RMS but you never mention the line. I hope they have some linemen to go with the great athletes you describe because they can win in middle school with a great athlete or two but that's not the way it works in high school. I'm sure you know that.

12 hours ago, catswild said:

I do agree the most important thing in football is how good you are upfront.The 2 keys are can u run the ball and can you stop the run.Those things are what matters when u play other great teams.But just a warning that it is hard to tell about the line in middle school because some of these kids bodies will change so much in next couple of years and some wont change much.But I have seen kids win the line of scrimmage with Robertsville and even Jefferson who just don't have the speed RMS does.Even the freshman was winning the line vs Farragut freshman which like u said is known for big lines.But again they pack the line so its just so hard to get a great read.Just be ready to be impressed with 4 and 22.Both are different kind of players that bring the speed and power every team would love to have

18 hours ago, catswild said:

Even though we've had our differences I do believe that you know a little football. My point is that you always talk about the great talent at RMS but you never mention the line. I hope they have some linemen to go with the great athletes you describe because they can win in middle school with a great athlete or two but that's not the way it works in high school. I'm sure you know that.

You make 0 sense! I don’t need to point out lineman! If 22 is a stud and plays running back how do you think he dominates? Has to have a line to get by.. anyways I think you’re the one that knows anything about football.. did you even play, or just a fan boy you’re whole life lol.

13 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I do agree the most important thing in football is how good you are upfront.The 2 keys are can u run the ball and can you stop the run.Those things are what matters when u play other great teams.But just a warning that it is hard to tell about the line in middle school because some of these kids bodies will change so much in next couple of years and some wont change much.But I have seen kids win the line of scrimmage with Robertsville and even Jefferson who just don't have the speed RMS does.Even the freshman was winning the line vs Farragut freshman which like u said is known for big lines.But again they pack the line so its just so hard to get a great read.Just be ready to be impressed with 4 and 22.Both are different kind of players that bring the speed and power every team would love to have

Don’t tell him anything lol! He knows so much lmao! I said look out for 22 and 4 best players on field no matter the teams! Told the guy the only negatives is the center in snaps! 

After watching film of this game our play calls was still average! Lucky holding call from this game turning into 21-0! As a Farragut fan I could feel your pain of 200 penalty yards wow. Farragut offensive coordinator went away from passing downfield or attack outside linebacker. It’s embarrassing one simple move and they ran right by two of our linebackers was that easy! If west attack’s right offensively this could be brutal. I’m upset watching film and us forcing run in a packed box and Kendall luckily making plays to gain yards. 4th and 1 we line running back behind qb 5 yards atleast off ball to not get a first. This has been numerous times where Gibbons has missed Johnson deep for touchdowns I count 4 times total. I think the offense can be dangerous but the playbook needs to increase! 24 and 17 need to be including heavily in the offense as well! Gibbons will have to make open throws count. Some would count Romano first touchdown lucky.. more work to do more improving. I think Farragut could have won that game easily, but they didn’t hopefully oak ridge improves because still db yes including jack and linebackers are weak on passing!

Edited by Elitesports4

2 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

You make 0 sense! I don’t need to point out lineman! If 22 is a stud and plays running back how do you think he dominates? Has to have a line to get by.. anyways I think you’re the one that knows anything about football.. did you even play, or just a fan boy you’re whole life lol.

If you think understanding and stating the importance of offensive linemen makes no sense, then you're the one who knows nothing about football! In middle school you can dominate by having a great running back and just outrunning everyone, whether you block anyone or not. If you don't know that then you've never been to a middle school game. It doesn't work that way in high school. THAT IS WHY I'M ASKING YOU, SINCE YOU HAVE SEEN RMS PLAY and BECAUSE YOU HAVE TOLD US THAT YOU'RE A FOOTBALL GENIUS BECAUSE YOU PLAYED AND COACHED. So I'll ask again, does RMS have any good linemen to go along with those two great and talented athletes?