Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Since fall of 1977, the beginning of the Fred Sorrell era which represented solid football, GHS has had 5 losing regular seasons. One 2-8 and Four 4-6 seasons. There have been four 5-5 regular seasons.

44 football seasons during that period of time. Which leaves 35 winning seasons. Most of that time a school of 850 students representing itself well as a rule against much larger schools.

Well that is actually a pretty good Record. Be proud of it. But I like the saying it's not what you done yesterday for me but what are you doing today for me. Lol I am mean... No Great Record to be proud of and in time I think the Mavs will be right up there. Starting today :)

2 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Since fall of 1977, the beginning of the Fred Sorrell era which represented solid football, GHS has had 5 losing regular seasons. One 2-8 and Four 4-6 seasons. There have been four 5-5 regular seasons.

44 football seasons during that period of time. Which leaves 35 winning seasons. Most of that time a school of 850 students representing itself well as a rule against much larger schools.

A school of 850 students with open enrollment which I know Greeneville people will not say is a big deal but it is. They are the champs tho until someone can beat them.

4 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

A school of 850 students with open enrollment which I know Greeneville people will not say is a big deal but it is. They are the champs tho until someone can beat them.

True enough... Well Powell did beat them but Yeah until 4A team and I really do think that Greeneville and Betsy game or games will be exciting to say the least. Barn burner this year it is for real. 

1 hour ago, GaryGaines said:

Dude find another excuse.  Over 80% of high schools in TN are Open Zoned.  Knox Co. open zoned, Elizabethton Open Zoned, Blount Co. Open Zoned, Greene Co. open zoned, Williamson Co. open zoned, Dobyns-Bennett Open Zoned, Science Hill Open Zoned, etc.  Tssaa doesn't set what school are opened zoned and which ones aren't. Stop taking away Hard Work that our program has put in

40 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Dude find another excuse.  Over 80% of high schools in TN are Open Zoned.  Knox Co. open zoned, Elizabethton Open Zoned, Blount Co. Open Zoned, Greene Co. open zoned, Williamson Co. open zoned, Dobyns-Bennett Open Zoned, Science Hill Open Zoned, etc.  Tssaa doesn't set what school are opened zoned and which ones aren't. Stop taking away Hard Work that our program has put in

Oh boy you guys lost me on this topic. Lol I will have to look up why open zoning is or isn't an issue in Tennessee. Swipes educate me please.  :) Being serious too. 

42 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Oh boy you guys lost me on this topic. Lol I will have to look up why open zoning is or isn't an issue in Tennessee. Swipes educate me please.  :) Being serious too. 

Any School System that has an Official transfer policy on file is classified as an open zoned school in the eyes of the TSSAA.  Now TSSAA can't force a school to be opened zoned or closed zoned that is up to ever School Board.  Your Mavs are classified as Open Zoned since you have a policy on file that reads "Tuition collected from nonresident students shall be placed in the general school fund" .  So any school that has a transfer clause rather it be for safety reasons, discipline reasons, educational reasons, fee or no fee paid you are open zoned.

13 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Any School System that has an Official transfer policy on file is classified as an open zoned school in the eyes of the TSSAA.  Now TSSAA can't force a school to be opened zoned or closed zoned that is up to ever School Board.  Your Mavs are classified as Open Zoned since you have a policy on file that reads "Tuition collected from nonresident students shall be placed in the general school fund" .  So any school that has a transfer clause rather it be for safety reasons, discipline reasons, educational reasons, fee or no fee paid you are open zoned.

Wow had no idea ok thanks. So really almost all schools have it. Than no big deal lol. 

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Several of the places you just named are zoned. Knox county is zoned. Williamson zoned. Rutherford. Etc... I'm not taking anything away from the program. I'm saying the have an advantage because of open zone. If you live in Gibbs high school zone in Knoxville you can't go to any school you want you go to Gibbs. Facts.