Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

15 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Several of the places you just named are zoned. Knox county is zoned. Williamson zoned. Rutherford. Etc... I'm not taking anything away from the program. I'm saying the have an advantage because of open zone. If you live in Gibbs high school zone in Knoxville you can't go to any school you want you go to Gibbs. Facts.

If you live in Greene County you can go to any of the the schools. Not just Greeneville. Most of these kids have played together since Middle school as well. 

13 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

If you live in Greene County you can go to any of the the schools. Not just Greeneville. Most of these kids have played together since Middle school as well. 

Again just saying it's an advantage that Greeneville fans refuse to admit is an advantage. They have a great program. With or without it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GaryGaines said:

Several of the places you just named are zoned. Knox county is zoned. Williamson zoned. Rutherford. Etc... I'm not taking anything away from the program. I'm saying the have an advantage because of open zone. If you live in Gibbs high school zone in Knoxville you can't go to any school you want you go to Gibbs. Facts.

You are once again wrong and also the example you gave is not a fact.  Every School system has zones (even if they are open zoned because of Bus Routes the School Provides) but having a transfer on file of receiving students that do not live in the zone makes you opened zoned.  Here is the Knox Co. School Board Policy on Transfer to a school you are not zoned for https://www.knoxschools.org/Page/8108.  The Player that was ruled ineligible last year at Powell lived in the Karns zone but had a transfer approved through Knox Co. to attend Powell.  Here is Williamson County Policy also that https://www.wcs.edu/pdf/transportation/Out-of-Zone-Form.pdf.

56 minutes ago, Swipes said:

You are once again wrong and also the example you gave is not a fact.  Every School system has zones (even if they are open zoned because of Bus Routes the School Provides) but having a transfer on file of receiving students that do not live in the zone makes you opened zoned.  Here is the Knox Co. School Board Policy on Transfer to a school you are not zoned for https://www.knoxschools.org/Page/8108.  The Player that was ruled ineligible last year at Powell lived in the Karns zone but had a transfer approved through Knox Co. to attend Powell.  Here is Williamson County Policy also that https://www.wcs.edu/pdf/transportation/Out-of-Zone-Form.pdf.

No I am not wrong once again. You can't just up and say I'm from Karns zone I want to go to Powell. You have to be approved and the TSSAA has to approve it. Same thing that went on with Reggie Grimes transferring from MT Juliet to Ravenwood. His father is a coach/staff there now is the only reason it was approved. Greene Co however you can just go wherever you want. If what you say was the case people could recruit these kids to come to their schools hence making it illegal. Powell forfeited all their games last year so Idk what information you are getting but if it was legit I dont think all of their wins would of been taken away.

5 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

No I am not wrong once again. You can't just up and say I'm from Karns zone I want to go to Powell. You have to be approved and the TSSAA has to approve it. Same thing that went on with Reggie Grimes transferring from MT Juliet to Ravenwood. His father is a coach/staff there now is the only reason it was approved. Greene Co however you can just go wherever you want. If what you say was the case people could recruit these kids to come to their schools hence making it illegal. Powell forfeited all their games last year so Idk what information you are getting but if it was legit I dont think all of their wins would of been taken away.

Speaking from experience in Greene county you arent allowed to go anywhere you want. I had show several documents that I lived in the city limits for my son to attend Greeneville. You can pre register during the summer to attend and pay tuition but its first come first serve on that and they only accept limited students. 

2 minutes ago, Devilsx5 said:

Speaking from experience in Greene county you arent allowed to go anywhere you want. I had show several documents that I lived in the city limits for my son to attend Greeneville. You can pre register during the summer to attend and pay tuition but its first come first serve on that and they only accept limited students. 

Not arguing that at all. I bet all the great athletes from the other schools are the first served tho.  Facts. In the other counties you have to get a transfer approved and it has to be for a reason other than wanting to play football at said school. That's what the other guy isn't getting.

3 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Yes you are once again wrong.  You don't even understand what is even classified as open zoning.  Each School Board (That has a transfer policy on file can approve a transfer for a student to go to another school that one is not zoned for).  This is nothing different than a Greene Co. Student applying to attend the city school system and the school system having to approve it.  TSSAA has no say so in school board policy and how a school board is ran and who they admit.  They have rules that if you transfer you must sit out a year if you have a previous varsity record if you do not move into the zone of the school you attend.  You are correct that Reggie Grimes got a transfer approval to play sports this year at Ravenwood because his dad is employed there (Which is with in the TSSAA transfer policy and still being able to play).  Ex if Reggie Grimes was a Junior and his family decided to transfer him to Ravenwood and the Williamson Co approved his transfer he could have still attended Ravenwood while still living in Mt. Juliet Zone and would have to sit out a year (If his dad was not employed), but would be eligible the following year with NO CHANGE of Address and going to a school that is classified as Open Zoned.

Here is where you are confused.  Powell's Football player had an approval from Knox Co. School Board to attend Powell even though his family lives in the Karns zone. (If he hadn't then he would not be able to attend Powell last year or currently be enrolled at Powell as we speak).  He had a previous Varsity Record which ruled him ineligible to play at Powell last year because he did not move into the Powell Zone (The reason why they had to forfeit 6 games ).  There is no difference in a football player attending South Greene in Greene Co and having a Varsity Record for 1 year transferring to Greeneville High School (Because the School Board Approved it).  He would have to sit out a year to be eligible to play sports under the TSSAA Policy but still doesn't mean he can't go to Greeneville High School for the year even if he still lives zoned for South Greene.  Same would be said if a Gibbs Player and Parent decided to apply for a transfer through Knox Co. and got it approved to attend Halls without changing addresses (Same TSSAA Rules would apply as in Greene Co.)

14 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Not arguing that at all. I bet all the great athletes from the other schools are the first served tho.  Facts. In the other counties you have to get a transfer approved and it has to be for a reason other than wanting to play football at said school. That's what the other guy isn't getting.

You keep on saying Facts when you have no clue how Greeneville City School Board is Ran.  There is no policy on file that has approved transfer for Athletic reason in any Policy so keep digging.  A Starting QB since his Freshman Year at Greeneville (Top 3 all time in passing yards in school history) got into a fight his Senior Year and since he lived in the County and Zoned for County Schools the City School System revoked his tuition (A kid that attended city schools since kindergarten ) .  That same family bought a house in the City Limits and lived there so their son could still go to the city school since his tuition was revoked so try to find some other excuse and please learn what is classified as open zoning because you sir have no clue:thumb:

• Upvote 1