Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Yes you are once again wrong.  You don't even understand what is even classified as open zoning.  Each School Board (That has a transfer policy on file can approve a transfer for a student to go to another school that one is not zoned for).  This is nothing different than a Greene Co. Student applying to attend the city school system and the school system having to approve it.  TSSAA has no say so in school board policy and how a school board is ran and who they admit.  They have rules that if you transfer you must sit out a year if you have a previous varsity record if you do not move into the zone of the school you attend.  You are correct that Reggie Grimes got a transfer approval to play sports this year at Ravenwood because his dad is employed there (Which is with in the TSSAA transfer policy and still being able to play).  Ex if Reggie Grimes was a Junior and his family decided to transfer him to Ravenwood and the Williamson Co approved his transfer he could have still attended Ravenwood while still living in Mt. Juliet Zone and would have to sit out a year (If his dad was not employed), but would be eligible the following year with NO CHANGE of Address and going to a school that is classified as Open Zoned.

Here is where you are confused.  Powell's Football player had an approval from Knox Co. School Board to attend Powell even though his family lives in the Karns zone. (If he hadn't then he would not be able to attend Powell last year or currently be enrolled at Powell as we speak).  He had a previous Varsity Record which ruled him ineligible to play at Powell last year because he did not move into the Powell Zone (The reason why they had to forfeit 6 games ).  There is no difference in a football player attending South Greene in Greene Co and having a Varsity Record for 1 year transferring to Greeneville High School (Because the School Board Approved it).  He would have to sit out a year to be eligible to play sports under the TSSAA Policy but still doesn't mean he can't go to Greeneville High School for the year even if he still lives zoned for South Greene.  Same would be said if a Gibbs Player and Parent decided to apply for a transfer through Knox Co. and got it approved to attend Halls without changing addresses (Same TSSAA Rules would apply as in Greene Co.)

What part you are leaving out once again is in knox county for example you can't transfer schools just because you want to play for a better team it has to be for an "academic" or other reason. You can say that's not the case in Greene county but there is a reason every other school in greene county is awful and Greeneville is great. All the athletes from the other schools go to Greeneville to play ball. Which I can't blame them. Who wants to play on the losing side. FACTS. 

8 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

What part you are leaving out once again is in knox county for example you can't transfer schools just because you want to play for a better team it has to be for an "academic" or other reason. You can say that's not the case in Greene county but there is a reason every other school in greene county is awful and Greeneville is great. All the athletes from the other schools go to Greeneville to play ball. Which I can't blame them. Who wants to play on the losing side. FACTS. 

FACTS. Half of what you say is correct. A lot of county kids do go to GHS, but not all our county schools are "awful". North Greene does struggle, but the other 3 school make the playoffs on a regular basis. South Greene girls basketball and volleyball programs are premier state power houses. And even the North Greene baseball program is a top level problem. So I guess the rest of the state better hope we never consolidate our schools.

1 hour ago, GaryGaines said:

Please show me in any public school boards policy were it states "Transfer can happen for Athletic reason"?  It's not in Knox Co and It's not in Greeneville City or Greene Co. School Board Policy either.  I can't leave something out that DOES NOT Exist.  You are pot calling the Kettle Black because you have no clue about transfers or the Fact that the Kid that lives in the Karns School zone and transferred to Powell has siblings that still go to School in the Karns zone and live in the same house hold and it was for "Academic reasons" give me a break :rolleyes:.  I'm sure you knew Greeneville starting center the last 2 years transferred to South Greene this past year correct? or the fact that SG made the Quarterfinals last year in 2a? KNOW YOUR FACTS not state opinions and call them FACT.

I also find it Funny that Greeneville City School System is ranked top 5 public school system in the state year after year and the county school system is usually in the 50's mark and to say it's not for Academic reason.  My parents Both attended county schools growing up, but when my brother was born my parents decided that no matter what we would attend the City School System because of the education difference.  I have relatives that are high up in the Greene Co System.  I also am close friends to the Greene Co Director of School (Who guess what His Son attended the City School system, not even the school system he was over because of the educational difference when it comes to College readiness and resources available.) . I'll just throw this out there I'm sure my Parents knew when I was 5 that I would end up being a starter on the Football and Baseball team at Greeneville High School for 3 straight years or that my brother would be the starting PG for a team that went to state in basketball when he was 5 also when they decided to enroll us at Eastview Elementary School back in the early 90's.  Once again do your research and know your facts because you my friend are CLUELESS

Edited by Swipes
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Please show me in any public school boards policy were it states "Transfer can happen for Athletic reason"?  It's not in Knox Co and It's not in Greeneville City or Greene Co. School Board Policy either.  I can't leave something out that DOES NOT Exist.  You are pot calling the Kettle Black because you have no clue about transfers or the Fact that the Kid that lives in the Karns School zone and transferred to Powell has siblings that still go to School in the Karns zone and live in the same house hold and it was for "Academic reasons" give me a break :rolleyes:.  I'm sure you knew Greeneville starting center the last 2 years transferred to South Greene this past year correct? or the fact that SG made the Quarterfinals last year in 2a? KNOW YOUR FACTS not state opinions and call them FACT.

I also find it Funny that Greeneville City School System is ranked top 5 public school system in the state year after year and the county school system is usually in the 50's mark and to say it's not for Academic reason.  My parents Both attended county schools growing up, but when my brother was born my parents decided that no matter what we would attend the City School System because of the education difference.  I have relatives that are high up in the Greene Co System.  I also am close friends to the Greene Co Director of School (Who guess what His Son attended the City School system, not even the school system he was over because of the educational difference when it comes to College readiness and resources available.) . I'll just throw this out there I'm sure my Parents knew when I was 5 that I would end up being a starter on the Football and Baseball team at Greeneville High School for 3 straight years or that my brother would be the starting PG for a team that went to state in basketball when he was 5 also when they decided to enroll us at Eastview Elementary School back in the early 90's.  Once again do your research and know your facts because you my friend are CLUELESS

So you are saying Greeneville academics is superior to all other schools in Greene county? Sigh again Greene county has the option to go to whichever school they choose regardless of what you say your stature of athletic ability in Greene county has influence. Many counties do not have that option unless they have a legit reason and then it still may not be approved. Again..... FACTS.

Edited by GaryGaines

29 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

So you are saying Greeneville academics is superior to all other schools in Greene county? Sigh again Greene county has the option to go to whichever school they choose regardless of what you say your stature of athletic ability in Greene county has influence. Many counties do not have that option unless they have a legit reason and then it still may not be approved. Again..... FACTS.

That is exactly what I'm saying and is backed up by National Ranking and also test scores that are public record. (https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-school-districts/s/tennessee/).  FACT Knox County is open zoned (Prove me Wrong).  Greene Co (opened zoned), Greeneville City School System (Open Zoned) along with  over 80% of School System in the State.  I have given you true Facts and all you have given is Opinions that you keep stating are Facts.  Please provide Proof to what you say and then I will believe them as Facts.  Greene Co doesn't have the option to just go to any school they choose it has to be Approved also.  Same applies to the City School System.  The more you talk the less educated you appear to everyone else.   I'm Sure @HTV  can fill you in on Players getting transfers approved within Knox Co for "Supposedly non athletic reasons"

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

That is exactly what I'm saying and is backed up by National Ranking and also test scores that are public record. (https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-school-districts/s/tennessee/).  FACT Knox County is open zoned (Prove me Wrong).  Greene Co (opened zoned), Greeneville City School System (Open Zoned) along with  over 80% of School System in the State.  I have given you true Facts and all you have given is Opinions that you keep stating are Facts.  Please provide Proof to what you say and then I will believe them as Facts.  Greene Co doesn't have the option to just go to any school they choose it has to be Approved also.  Same applies to the City School System.  The more you talk the less educated you appear to everyone else.   I'm Sure @HTV  can fill you in on Players getting transfers approved within Knox Co for "Supposedly non athletic reasons"

No, Knox County is not open zone.  There are criteria that have to be met.  But it's easier for some to meet that criteria than others.  

Not going any further on that one. Don't want to be accused of something that I am definitely not.    

And again, I am one who is in favor of parental choice in education for their children, and I am on the fence on the subject of school vouchers.  My issue is that sometimes parents don't think very far ahead before they jump to decisions at times.  The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill.  

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

No, Knox County is not open zone.  There are criteria that have to be met.  But it's easier for some to meet that criteria than others.  

Not going any further on that one. Don't want to be accused of something that I am definitely not.    

And again, I am one who is in favor of parental choice in education for their children, and I am on the fence on the subject of school vouchers.  My issue is that sometimes parents don't think very far ahead before they jump to decisions at times.  The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill.  

I get what you are saying but in the eyes of the TSSAA Knox Co is classified as open zoned since there is a transfer policy on file and someone can in fact go to a school that one is not zoned for by following the steps attached.  https://www.knoxschools.org/Page/8108 .  Schools that are truly closed zoned will take no transfer no matter what

It's the same way one would apply to attend another County School in Greene Co.  You can't just show up and walk into school you want to on the first day.  Has to be approved, has to have capacity available at the school,  have to keep grades up and stay out  trouble or they will kick you out Star Player or not.  (I've seen this happen to Greeneville's 2nd most passing yards record holder behind Cade)

29 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I get what you are saying but in the eyes of the TSSAA Knox Co is classified as open zoned since there is a transfer policy on file and someone can in fact go to a school that one is not zoned for by following the steps attached.  https://www.knoxschools.org/Page/8108 .  Schools that are truly closed zoned will take no transfer no matter what

It's the same way one would apply to attend another County School in Greene Co.  You can't just show up and walk into school you want to on the first day.  Has to be approved, has to have capacity available at the school,  have to keep grades up and stay out  trouble or they will kick you out Star Player or not.  (I've seen this happen to Greeneville's 2nd most passing yards record holder behind Cade)

And yes that was during a great season for the devils in 2008. Semi final loss to maryville

5 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

And yes that was during a great season for the devils in 2008. Semi final loss to maryville

Great Coaching Staffs don’t worry about one team the entire year except for the team they play next. Ac implemented Greene Monday or whatever lastyear and we see how that worked out. Not to mention the coaches for the Greeneville game came in to cocky and it rubbed off on the players. Yes I have my connections

18 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Great Coaching Staffs don’t worry about one team the entire year except for the team they play next. Ac implemented Greene Monday or whatever lastyear and we see how that worked out. Not to mention the coaches for the Greeneville game came in to cocky and it rubbed off on the players. Yes I have my connections

Oh by the way its AC. Never seen Ac. And you are so disconnected now.. Can't wait until Cyclone Monday is here. Lol 

3 minutes ago, Devilsx5 said:

That is your only hope for the Devils to get knocked off before sending the Mavs home for Thanksgiving 

This is one year and this is the year that the Mavs will be eating Chinese in Cookeville and a happy jealous of Greeneville eating a turkey and gravey meal somewhere in Greene County with coach Hammond.