Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

5 hours ago, Swipes said:

That is exactly what I'm saying and is backed up by National Ranking and also test scores that are public record. (https://www.niche.com/k12/search/best-school-districts/s/tennessee/).  FACT Knox County is open zoned (Prove me Wrong).  Greene Co (opened zoned), Greeneville City School System (Open Zoned) along with  over 80% of School System in the State.  I have given you true Facts and all you have given is Opinions that you keep stating are Facts.  Please provide Proof to what you say and then I will believe them as Facts.  Greene Co doesn't have the option to just go to any school they choose it has to be Approved also.  Same applies to the City School System.  The more you talk the less educated you appear to everyone else.   I'm Sure @HTV  can fill you in on Players getting transfers approved within Knox Co for "Supposedly non athletic reasons"

Well that back fired didnt it? "No knox county isnt opened zoned" - HTV

16 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Well that back fired didnt it? "No knox county isnt opened zoned" - HTV

Then question for you how can a kid that lives in Karns Zone end up going to school in the Powell Zone?  Thats not closed zoned.  So what would you call it?

HTV also Stated "There are criteria that have to be met.  But it's easier for some to meet that criteria than others.  

Not going any further on that one. Don't want to be accused of something that I am definitely not."  Me and HTV know what has gone on in Knox Co for a while

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

Well one of us will not be on here after the 3rd round and I am tired of the one leaving so this year its someone else turn because I will guatentee I will be her until the the Mavs get the Gold Ball! 

No no no can't break traditions now... We will have you guys an aluminum ball made recycled of course lol

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Then question for you how can a kid that lives in Karns Zone end up going to school in the Powell Zone?  Thats not closed zoned.  So what would you call it?

HTV also Stated "There are criteria that have to be met.  But it's easier for some to meet that criteria than others.  

Not going any further on that one. Don't want to be accused of something that I am definitely not."  Me and HTV know what has gone on in Knox Co for a while

I have no answer. I'm just stating the facts that in many counties it is very had to change schools if they are zoned. It has alot to do with politics I'm sure. Again I'm stating that being an open zone county gives you an advantage. I'm taking nothing away from the program.

1 hour ago, GaryGaines said:

I have no answer. I'm just stating the facts that in many counties it is very had to change schools if they are zoned. It has alot to do with politics I'm sure. Again I'm stating that being an open zone county gives you an advantage. I'm taking nothing away from the program.

Knowing how it works:

1) Greene County has 2 school systems       A. Greene County School System.                   B. Special School District, Greeneville City Schools.

2) Greeneville is a special school district. Only people who pay main residence property taxes within city limits can send their kids to City schools without paying tuition. 3 different rates: what county citizens outside Greeneville pay. What out of county applicants pay and finally out of state students pay. Which is probably between $8,000 and $10,000 dollars.

3) Traditionally between 190-240 students are tuition.                                                     A. 75% - 80% of the students have gone to Greeneville City Schools since Kindergarten to the 8th grade.                   B. Students must apply. Records from previous schools are requested. Phone calls are made to their previous principal, a parent/student/principal meeting takes place.If academic or behavioral problems are questioned A contract is signed stating they can be dismissed immediately for excessive behavioral issues and at the semester for academics. I was straight down the line and have had angry coaches in my office. Listen and move on. I should add that not even the Director of Schools would get involve to avoid even perceived pressure on me.

4) City students do not have to pay to go to county schools because their parents pay both county and city taxes. Greene County is zoned for 4 High Schools. Students can transfer but only at the discretion of the principals and if an athlete they must sit for a year even within the county without a change of residence except coming out of the 8th grade.

5) I only enrolled a handful that came strictly for athletics and they had to qualify or operate under a contract.

Edited by noonesfool