Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

10 hours ago, GaryGaines said:

Knox county isnt open zone for the 484858 time. You can go to a school out of your zone if you have a very specific reason. One night being you think the other schools academics are better. Alot of school districts are closed zones so they don't end up like Greene county with one school being absolutely dominate over the rest. Such as knox/sumner/rutherford.

The more you talk the more ignorant you sound.  Please read the two Bold points in your comment.  You can't be both not open zoned but then state "You can go to a school out of your zone if you have a very specific reason."  Thats the definition of open zoned school system. :lol:

Once again over 80% of school systems are open zoned in the state of TN.  School Board Policy that is put into place has nothing to do with Athletics. 

PS:  Greene Co has one school system (Open Zoned).  Greeneville City has one school system (open zoned) and has been since the 60's

Edited by Swipes

8 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes. Knox Co schools are open zone. Board policy J-152 proves it. Just go to the online board policies and look for yourself. 

I find it funny in that Policy they even use the words out-of-zone student.  I'm sure Gary will try to still argue his point even tho i've given him more proof than just the Board Policy within Knox Co . 

Line 13

An “out-of-zone student” is a student who attends a school that is not his or her base school.

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I find it funny in that Policy they even use the words out-of-zone student.  I'm sure Gary will try to still argue his point even tho i've given him more proof than just the Board Policy within Knox Co . 

Line 13

An “out-of-zone student” is a student who attends a school that is not his or her base 

Your definition of what is zoned and what isn't is different because you are from Greene county where it is EASY to go to whatever school you want. In Knox county you CAN'T just go to another school because you think that school has better academics or athletics. They will not approve your transfer request unless you have a legitimate reason UNLIKE in Greene Co. I've seen COUNTLESS kids get denied because they did not have a legitimate reason. HTV literally has told you the same thing. 

Edited by GaryGaines

3 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Your definition of what is zoned and what isn't is different because you are from Greene county where it is EASY to go to whatever school you want. In Knox county you CAN'T just go to another school because you think that school has better academics or athletics. They will not approve your transfer request unless you have a legitimate reason UNLIKE in Greene Co. I've seen COUNTLESS kids get denied because they did not have a legitimate reason. HTV literally has told you the same thing. 

Dumber by the post.  You're Own KNOX CO School Board uses the term "Out-of-Zone Student" and you still try to argue.  I've stated this more than one time on here It does not matter the reason for a transfer, How easy or how hard it is,  or if one student or 500 students attend a school they are not zoned for then the school system is OPEN ZONED point blank period!  There is no other definition for it

Please Read your school board Policy

https://www.knoxschools.org/cms/lib/TN01917079/Centricity/domain/974/board policies/J-152 Student Transfers Within the System.pdf

Just now, Swipes said:

Dumber by the post.  You're Own KNOX CO School Board uses the term "Out-of-Zone Student" and you still try to argue.  I've stated this more than one time on here It does not matter the reason for a transfer, How easy or how hard it is,  or if one student or 500 students attend a school they are not zoned for then the school system is OPEN ZONED point blank period!  There is no other definition for it

Please Read your school board Policy

https://www.knoxschools.org/cms/lib/TN01917079/Centricity/domain/974/board policies/J-152 Student Transfers Within the System.pdf

Again your listening/comprehensive skills are dumber by the post. You can go to another school for a very specific. If you don't have said specific reason you can't go. Unlike in Greene County. Sorry maybe I should say Knox is open zoned with very strict transfer policies unlike Greene County. Does that sound better?

21 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Again your listening/comprehensive skills are dumber by the post. You can go to another school for a very specific. If you don't have said specific reason you can't go. Unlike in Greene County. Sorry maybe I should say Knox is open zoned with very strict transfer policies unlike Greene County. Does that sound better?

My comprehensive skill are A-OK :thumb:.  The first step of recovery is admittance.  Glad you finally admitted that Knox Co. was open zoned since Knox Co itself says it's open zoned. I'm guessing you forgot to read the part on my last post that stated " I've stated this more than one time on here It does not matter the reason for a transfer, How easy or how hard it is,  or if one student or 500 students attend a school they are not zoned for then the school system is OPEN ZONED point blank period".  It's pretty black and white rather a school is open zoned and which ones are closed zoned.  If any student can live in one zone and attended another school that one is not zoned for your open zoned.....what a tough thing to comprehend :popcorneater:

7 minutes ago, Swipes said:

My comprehensive skill are A-OK :thumb:.  The first step of recovery is admittance.  Glad you finally admitted that Knox Co. was open zoned since Knox Co itself says it's open zoned. I'm guessing you forgot to read the part on my last post that stated " I've stated this more than one time on here It does not matter the reason for a transfer, How easy or how hard it is,  or if one student or 500 students attend a school they are not zoned for then the school system is OPEN ZONED point blank period".  It's pretty black and white rather a school is open zoned and which ones are closed zoned.  If any student can live in one zone and attended another school that one is not zoned for your open zoned.....what a tough thing to comprehend :popcorneater:

Like your refusal to comprehend Greeneville let's anyone who can play ball come there and its immediately approved. Unlike Knox county where you have to have a legitimate reason. 

5 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Like your refusal to comprehend Greeneville let's anyone who can play ball come there and its immediately approved. Unlike Knox county where you have to have a legitimate reason. 

Let's gets some cheese out for you with all the wining you are doing.  Find attached Greeneville's Policy vs Knox Co. Policy and you will see they read very similar.  They are not approved immediately and have to be reviewed the same way Knox Co is reviewed.  Both have policies that state "The student shall maintain satisfactory attendance, behavior and effort to remain in the new school" and have seen first hand a Star QB get his enrollment revoked and parents had to move into the city limits for him to attend at GHS.  I've also seen a Powell Student/Athlete be enrolled at Powell while his siblings that live in the same house hold attend Karns.  Or the DL that played for me while his sister attended Farragut to play Volleyball while both lived in the same house in Loudon Co.  I've been in Knoxville for over 10 year now and as a former Coach know what goes on behind close doors and how some great football player ends up at a school they are not zoned for.....

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/policy_tsba_net/ET_1cpmGAl1ChkV9Z8TE3WUBMHzJRnybLAtH1mhwVwEMvw?rtime=glcQgMw910g

2 hours ago, GaryGaines said:

You're wrong and are making yourself look bad in the process bub. Were you this vocal about open zone in 2005 or just now that Greeneville is whats between your boy going to Cookville? 

7 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

You're wrong and are making yourself look bad in the process bub. Were you this vocal about open zone in 2005 or just now that Greeneville is whats between your boy going to 

What part am I wrong about? I've been vocal about it forever. I think everyone should be on the same page. You can say it's the same but it's not.  Knoxville has the strict policy because it keeps the power in balance. You really think kids from Gibbs/Karns/Carter etc.. wouldn't rather be at Farragut, Central, etc.... yes they would the strict policy keeps them from doing that. UNLIKE Greene co. My kids never played against Greeneville or in their classification.

13 hours ago, GaryGaines said:

Dude... when you fill out the application for ooz enrollment at Greeneville, you have to provide a valid reason for your request. You just don't write a check and get in. My kid went because there wasn't a band program at the county school she was zoned for.  I had to provide her academic transcripts and an academic reference. Even though she didn't play football, she was approved. Imagine that.

Edited by barb

10 hours ago, GaryGaines said:

What part am I wrong about? I've been vocal about it forever. I think everyone should be on the same page. You can say it's the same but it's not.  Knoxville has the strict policy because it keeps the power in balance. You really think kids from Gibbs/Karns/Carter etc.. wouldn't rather be at Farragut, Central, etc.... yes they would the strict policy keeps them from doing that. UNLIKE Greene co. My kids never played against Greeneville or in their classification.

Ok. So serious question. Since Knox Co schools have such strict transfer policies and you feel it gives them a disadvantage against other schools in football, have you spoken to the school board about amending their policies and requirements?  They have complete power to do so and level the playing field. Why don’t they just do it??