Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

34 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

I've repeatedly said they have a great program. I've also repeatedly said they refuse to admit it's an advantage. I'm pretty sure williamson is in the same boat at Knoxville. I know all about Metro schools and they by your definition of open zone but they 90% of the time go to the school they are zoned for because they don't approve transfers as easily as Greene Co. Also Greeneville played Springfield High School which is closed zone. Do you consider that an advantage or no? 

3 Incorrect statements in your post

1.  Williamson Co is opened zoned  (https://www.wcs.edu/pdf/transportation/Out-of-Zone-Form.pdf)

2.  Springfield is Classified as Open Zone too (https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/policy_tsba_net/EbSJ_AArP9hFiKJeehJSKLEBmEV8JbnT_ZeH0Ynm8AHzBg?rtime=h8TZbZ4-10g) . and has the same verbiage as Greeneville City Schools Systems Policy (https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/policy_tsba_net/ET_1cpmGAl1ChkV9Z8TE3WUBMHzJRnybLAtH1mhwVwEMvw?rtime=mc6_l54-10g)

3.  There is no by YOUR definition.  If one student can attend a school one is not zoned for then it is open zoned not matter the reason or difficulty of getting a transfer approved.  There is no middle ground you are either open zoned or closed zone school system :thumb:

Once again do research before stating what is open and closed zoned schools

Edited by Swipes

31 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

I've repeatedly said they have a great program. I've also repeatedly said they refuse to admit it's an advantage. I'm pretty sure williamson is in the same boat at Knoxville. I know all about Metro schools and they by your definition of open zone but they 90% of the time go to the school they are zoned for because they don't approve transfers as easily as Greene Co. Also Greeneville played Springfield High School which is closed zone. Do you consider that an advantage or no? 

Springfield is not closed zone. You are mistaken. See the below board policy from Robertson co schools. 

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRobertson County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6204.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FRobertson County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly90c2JhbmV0LW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpiOi9nL3BlcnNvbmFsL3BvbGljeV90c2JhX25ldC9FY1Ryb0kwVHpLaEFvV0dtMmNYZ0RzMEJtNWpFWk1lcjc0RUxTNloyYzUwZE5RP3J0aW1lPXR0bmNjcUEtMTBn

17 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

You could put all other high schools in Greene county against Greeneville and it wouldn't be close. Fact. Because their athletes are at Greeneville.

I don't think any Devil fans would argue that being able to attract talent is an advantage. If you build it, they will come. But as the school becomes more crowded, fewer ooz students are accepted. Families moving to the area are naturally going to choose a home in a school that is a good fit for their child. Greeneville's enrollment policy potentially gives you more options but if you want your kid enrolled in Greeneville you would be better served selecting a home in the city limits as ooz enrollment is not guaranteed. Your point would be valid if Greeneville had always been a powerhouse but they have not. They have, however, always been open zoned. The Devils have been blessed with endowed funding to build first rate facilities and a coaching staff dedicated to building the best young men on and off the field. That my friend, is our advantage.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, barb said:

I don't think any Devil fans would argue that being able to attract talent is an advantage. If you build it, they will come. But as the school becomes more crowded, fewer ooz students are accepted. Families moving to the area are naturally going to choose a home in a school that is a good fit for their child. Greeneville's enrollment policy potentially gives you more options but if you want your kid enrolled in Greeneville you would be better served selecting a home in the city limits as ooz enrollment is not guaranteed. Your point would be valid if Greeneville had always been a powerhouse but they have not. They have, however, always been open zoned. The Devils have been blessed with endowed funding to build first rate facilities and a coaching staff dedicated to building the best young men on and off the field. That my friend, is our advantage.

Jealousy is a big part of the people complaining 

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

1.  Williamson Co is opened zoned  (https://www.wcs.edu/pdf/transportation/Out-of-Zone-Form.pdf)

2.  Springfield is Classified as Open Zone too (https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/policy_tsba_net/EbSJ_AArP9hFiKJeehJSKLEBmEV8JbnT_ZeH0Ynm8AHzBg?rtime=h8TZbZ4-10g) . and has the same verbiage as Greeneville City Schools Systems Policy (https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/policy_tsba_net/ET_1cpmGAl1ChkV9Z8TE3WUBMHzJRnybLAtH1mhwVwEMvw?rtime=mc6_l54-10g)

3.  There is no by YOUR definition.  If one student can attend a school one is not zoned for then it is open zoned not matter the reason or difficulty of getting a transfer approved.  There is no middle ground you are either open zoned or closed zone school system :thumb:

I live in Robertson county. You can't transfer schools unless you have a parent or guardian working at that school you want to transfer too. Bottom line. The federal government came in an rezoned the schools because of demographics.  Know your facts. There are no programs that one school offers that another does not. It is open zoned by your definition but it might as well be closed. You are wrong and your definition of open zone is very broad and you believe everywhere is like Greene County which it is not.  Greene county has a less strict transfer policy apparently. You keep posting transfer policies which in your mind means you can just go to any school you want. What you fail to realize apparently is most of these get denied because they don't have a specific reason UNLIKE Greene Co.

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

So your saying if you have good grades, attendance, and think another school is better academically you can transfer to that school in 80% of the counties in Tennessee?

2 hours ago, GaryGaines said:

I live in Robertson county. You can't transfer schools unless you have a parent or guardian working at that school you want to transfer too. Bottom line. The federal government came in an rezoned the schools because of demographics.  Know your facts. There are no programs that one school offers that another does not. It is open zoned by your definition but it might as well be closed. You are wrong and your definition of open zone is very broad and you believe everywhere is like Greene County which it is not.  Greene county has a less strict transfer policy apparently. You keep posting transfer policies which in your mind means you can just go to any school you want. What you fail to realize apparently is most of these get denied because they don't have a specific reason UNLIKE Greene Co.

So you're saying you don't even know your own counties school board policies and didn't know they were open-zoned? 

What year did the federal government came in and rezoned Robertson Co?  (I'm truly curious since Federal government has little say so in zoning unless your talking about desegregation)

Once again it is not my definition of open zoning it is THE definition.  I have never once said any transfer policy i have posted means you can just go to any school you want (You are trying to put words in my mouth or tell me what i'm thinking when you have no clue). 

Here is the problem with you last statement.  You can't be a closed zone school system using the work MOST transfer request get denied it would be ALL transfer request get denied.

2 hours ago, GaryGaines said:

So your saying if you have good grades, attendance, and think another school is better academically you can transfer to that school in 80% of the counties in Tennessee?

Never once said that.  In over 80% of the school system's in TN you can APPLY for a transfer to a school that is not the school you are zoned for.  Each School Board has the right to accept or deny that request.  The acceptance rate or lack there of has nothing to do with it not being an open zoned school and you don't seem to get it.  If you don't like it i would tell you to talk to your school board about their policy

29 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Never once said that.  In over 80% of the school system's in TN you can APPLY for a transfer to a school that is not the school you are zoned for.  Each School Board has the right to accept or deny that request.  The acceptance rate or lack there of has nothing to do with it not being an open zoned school and you don't seem to get it.  If you don't like it i would tell you to talk to your school board about their policy

Swipes you are stating nothing but facts. At this point I don’t think it matters what you say or the policies you provide as evidence. It will be like preaching to a brick walk. Everyone who reads this thread will see the truth. And people in education know the deal and how things work. Haters are always gonna hate bro.