Greeneville @ The Hill

DevilMan03

42 minutes ago, Swipes said:

So you're saying you don't even know your own counties school board policies and didn't know they were open-zoned? 

What year did the federal government came in and rezoned Robertson Co?  (I'm truly curious since Federal government has little say so in zoning unless your talking about desegregation)

Once again it is not my definition of open zoning it is THE definition.  I have never once said any transfer policy i have posted means you can just go to any school you want (You are trying to put words in my mouth or tell me what i'm thinking when you have no clue). 

Here is the problem with you last statement.  You can't be a closed zone school system using the work MOST transfer request get denied it would be ALL transfer request get denied.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/31086509

The federal government had all the say and it happened. 

As I said the only time you get to attend a school out of your zone in Robertson County is if you have a parent that works at the school that is out of your zone.

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Swipes you are stating nothing but facts. At this point I don’t think it matters what you say or the policies you provide as evidence. It will be like preaching to a brick walk. Everyone who reads this thread will see the truth. And people in education know the deal and how things work. Haters are always gonna hate bro. 

HTV who was brought in by Swipes literally said Knox is not open zoned because he doesn't agree with you two. Then said the same as me yalls definition means all schools are open zoned. I guess what we are trying to say is it is much harder to go to another school than you think. Unlike in Greene Co. Also I've never heard of any school making you pay tuition if you go to school there.

9 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

As I said the only time you get to attend a school out of your zone in Robertson County is if you have a parent that works at the school that is out of your zone.

So the only time a student can go to a school in Robertson coz they are not zoned for is if their parent works there?Did you read the article you posted??  How’s that new magnet school going???

4 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the only time a student can go to a school in Robertson coz they are not zoned for is if their parent works there?Did you read the article you posted??  How’s that new magnet school going???

It's non existent basically. It's for middle school students. That's how. They also have no athletics. It is also an "academy" which means students have to meet certain testing requirements to get in. There is no zone for it.

Edited by GaryGaines

18 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Like I stated in my comment it would have to be for desegregation (Which the article states and it says the School Board approved it after negotiations with the Federal government not that the Federal Government came in and desegregated).  Which is crazy it took until 2015 for that to happen.

It also says in the Article that "A breakdown provided in the agreement states that 20 out-of-zone students will be allowed to enroll in the magnet program during the first year, 50 out-of-zone students will be allowed to enroll in the following year and 70 out-of-zone students will be allowed to enroll in the 2018-19 school year and beyond.  This just shot you're not open zone my butt argument down.

Ex. Little Johnny wants to be part of the Stem Program offered at Springfield Middle School, but Little Johnny isn't in the Spring friend middle school zone.  Little Johnny's parents apply for one of those 70 Out-of- Zone spots (Transfer Spots) for the STEM program.  Little Johnny gets accepted even though the School is not in his zone.  You really can't be this obtuse to not see that is the definition of open-zone School.

Edited by Swipes

Just now, Swipes said:

Like I stated in my comment it would have to be for desegregation (Which the article states and it says the School Board approved it after negotiations with the Federal government not that the Federal Government came in and desegregated).  Which is crazy it took until 2015 for that to happen.

It also says in the Article that "A breakdown provided in the agreement states that 20 out-of-zone students will be allowed to enroll in the magnet program during the first year, 50 out-of-zone students will be allowed to enroll in the following year and 70 out-of-zone students will be allowed to enroll in the 2018-19 school year and beyond.  This just shot you're not open zone my butt argument down.

Ex. Little Johnny wants to be part of the Stem Program offered at Springfield Middle School, but Little Johnny isn't in the Spring friend middle school zone.  Little Johnny's parents apply for one of those 70 Out-of- Zone spots (Transfer Spots) for the STEM program.  Little Johnny gets accepted even though the School is not in Springfield Middle School zone.  You really can't be this obtuse to not see that is the definition of open-zone School.

As I said above it's an academy in middle school and the reason for the STEM program is to build diversity in Robertson county which is why they HAVE to take the kids from out zone. The high schools aren't apart of that policy.

14 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

HTV who was brought in by Swipes literally said Knox is not open zoned because he doesn't agree with you two. Then said the same as me yalls definition means all schools are open zoned. I guess what we are trying to say is it is much harder to go to another school than you think. Unlike in Greene Co. Also I've never heard of any school making you pay tuition if you go to school there.

HTV also didn't seem to know what is defined as open zone either. He has also stated in the past how certain athletes end up at schools they are not zoned for in Knox Co.  No one has argued the fact that transfers might be much harder in different school systems than others.  The fact that transfers do happen in over 80% of school system and kids attend schools they are not zoned for every day in these school system across the state is what makes it open zone since not all students that attend the school is zoned for it.

Tuition is only charged if you are going to a different school system (Not inside the same School system).

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

HTV also didn't seem to know what is defined as open zone either. He has also stated in the past how certain athletes end up at schools they are not zoned for in Knox Co.  No one has argued the fact that transfers might be much harder in different school systems than others.  The fact that transfers do happen in over 80% of school system and kids attend schools they are not zoned for every day in these school system across the state is what makes it open zone since not all students that attend the school is zoned for it.

Tuition is only charged if you are going to a different school system (Not inside the same School system).

Swipes I firmly believe he is baiting us just to get a response. This will be my last post on this thread. 

40 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

Hmmmm… unless you want to attend the STEM program at Springfield Middle School then, if I am reading correctly, 70  ooz students will be allowed to enroll this year. That is definitely open enrollment even if it only pertains to 1 school.

35 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

It's non existent basically. It's for middle school students. That's how. They also have no athletics. It is also an "academy" which means students have to meet certain testing requirements to get in. There is no zone for it.

Now you are just grasping at straws...