Lausanne at Cordova

kwc

2 hours ago, kwc said:

Wilson: 

How do you like the new QB?

I was impressed overall especially considering he’s a sophomore. Definitely has some room to grow but lots of upside. I was surprised at his lack of running because I know they were high on that part of his game. Though I will say it looked like he had a TON of tape on his ankles and even had to come out in the middle of one of the series so he may have been dealing with an injury. He throws a good ball and seemed to make good decisions in the passing game. I was impressed with how much they spread the ball around as opposed to recent years. (When you have Eric Gray you don’t over complicate things lol). He threw 3 TDs to three different receivers and they had 3 rushing TDs by three different RBs. Seems that Lausanne has some very good players all over the field but not one guy who is just a STUD. This week will be a big test for the young team. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

I was impressed overall especially considering he’s a sophomore. Definitely has some room to grow but lots of upside. I was surprised at his lack of running because I know they were high on that part of his game. Though I will say it looked like he had a TON of tape on his ankles and even had to come out in the middle of one of the series so he may have been dealing with an injury. He throws a good ball and seemed to make good decisions in the passing game. I was impressed with how much they spread the ball around as opposed to recent years. (When you have Eric Gray you don’t over complicate things lol). He threw 3 TDs to three different receivers and they had 3 rushing TDs by three different RBs. Seems that Lausanne has some very good players all over the field but not one guy who is just a STUD. This week will be a big test for the young team. 

I thought you were talking about Cordova's QB at first lol. Locastro got a Sophomore starting?

Really, the breakdown was not on offense, it was the D. We were not disciplined at all in the South Panola game. It was a great eye opener to the players that they have to do things the right way to be successful against good teams. We are trying to change the culture at Cordova from just being satisfied with winning games you are supposed to win to a championship mentality. We all know there is a distinctive difference. So I look for the defense to play a lot better this week. The offense is figuring it out. They are getting better each week. Good test tomorrow. Will see what improvements have been made and where we are lacking. 10 practices for 5 games. That is coaches motto this year.