Trousdale looks to rebound vs Gordonsville

Cam615

By the Numbers: Week 4 Gordonsville at TC.

Match-Up History:   Much like last week's match-up, Gordonsville is on my list of Top 5 most common opponents for the Purple and Gold. Again not all the History has been obtained but I show the Jackets and Tigers having faced off at least 36 times with Trousdale Co. holding a 28-7-1 record in those match-ups. Last years fight also occurred in W4. Trousdale Co. faced a wounded Tiger club who had lost their workhorse that week due to injury. A somewhat sloppy game for the Purple and Gold and a scrappy Gordonsville squad that wouldn't go away resulted in a 42-20 victory for Trousdale Co. although everyone in attendance at that game will tell you it was much closer than then score. Since 2005, Gordonsville and Trousdale Co. have played every year and meet in the playoffs once. In those 15 games, Trousdale Co. is 13-2 with Gordonsville winning in '12 and '16. In those 15 games the average score was Trousdale Co. 32.3, Gordonsville 15.9.

For the rest of my weekly post, check out the Burma Road podcast as it now has its own segment in the show.

https://podcasts.apple.com/…/podcast/burma-road/id1477664025

https://open.spotify.com/episode/16Ob5a2UvFTr9QXEHmp037…

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TCnation said:

I gotta say, if you guys haven't checked out the BurmaRoad podcast, you're missing out! Especially TC fans/alumni. Thx BCB~MVP for turning me onto it. 

I'd love to here Croz's Thu night take on the game tomorrow 

I wish we were where we were week 1, injury wise. We had 8 contributors out last week, some starters. We may get 1 or 2 back this week.

Even in week 1, when healthy, we played 8 freshmen. Last week we had 12 get meaningful snaps, and I think 6 started.

Due to the injuries, we've moved people around and changed our scheme on both sides of the ball. We did it last week as well, so I'm not giving out new information. However, there has been even more movement this week.

It's going to be a tall order for the boys in blue, but I do feel that we may be in good shape to defend against the wing-t. We have to limit big plays, and we have to generate some offense and control the ball. If we fail in those things, there is the potential for things to get out of hand.

Either way, I'm still super excited and can't wait to go to the creekbank tomorrow.

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

I wish we were where we were week 1, injury wise. We had 8 contributors out last week, some starters. We may get 1 or 2 back this week.

Even in week 1, when healthy, we played 8 freshmen. Last week we had 12 get meaningful snaps, and I think 6 started.

Due to the injuries, we've moved people around and changed our scheme on both sides of the ball. We did it last week as well, so I'm not giving out new information. However, there has been even more movement this week.

It's going to be a tall order for the boys in blue, but I do feel that we may be in good shape to defend against the wing-t. We have to limit big plays, and we have to generate some offense and control the ball. If we fail in those things, there is the potential for things to get out of hand.

Either way, I'm still super excited and can't wait to go to the creekbank tomorrow.

Preciate the info. Hate to hear bout all the injuries...just one or two can make a very meaningful impact on us small schools, much less a handful. Yeah, I'd heard your run D was pretty good and secondary was a little suspect. Couple of maulers on the line. Sounds a little similar to us. Hopefully we'll both use the game to progress in all areas..and with no injuries. Hope it's a good, clean hard hitting game...of course with TC victory!

4 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

TC by 28 

I will be happy with just scoring more than 14 points that’s the first step. Also scoring after halftime then that will show TC is on the right path. We haven't even scored 28 points total yet the offense is struggling.

Edited by RTD