LA @ Upperman

Mommabee

14 minutes ago, HC116 said:

Spot on. Two really good teams and a good game impacted by horrific officiating

Most call were dead on, even though it should never be thst lop sided in calls. Helmet to helmet on a unprotected receiver and hands to the face will be called every time in today's football. The two many in the huddle killed the upperman momentum. 

13 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Worst officiated game I’ve seen in a long time. Not sure who made the refs mad but they were not going to allow Upperman to win this game.  On a side note I hope the young man from LA that was down on the field for 15 minutes is ok. I know he ran off but I’m sure LA coaches wouldn’t have a player stay on the ground that long for nothing. Even if the other team was shoving it down their throat and their players were gassed.  However that 15 minute break did give LA a much needed rest and once the refs kicked in with 2 straight penalties against Upperman the game was almost over. All they had to do was give them one more penalty and give LA a timely first down and the game was over which they did. LA has a good team no doubt about it and hopefully they will go on the make some noise in the 4A playoffs!!!  Upperman will bounce back and should make it to Alcoa once again where the party will end.  

Redbank/Loudon will be ending your party a little earlier than that. Good spirit though!

14 minutes ago, Tench said:

Redbank/Loudon will be ending your party a little earlier than that. Good spirit though!

29FA9DFC-07AD-47A2-912B-9A75E36F360C.thumb.png.5a38ae80824b2aaddd02b86b970ed105.png

When either Red Bank or Loudon win a meaningful game let me know. Didn’t Red Bank play Upperman last year????  What was the score I can’t seem to find it on here. Help a brother out?

Edited by UCSportsFan

36 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Most call were dead on, even though it should never be thst lop sided in calls. Helmet to helmet on a unprotected receiver and hands to the face will be called every time in today's football. The two many in the huddle killed the upperman momentum. 

Upperman didn’t lose because of the calls, I should’ve worded it better. LA came to play, they are a legit threat in 4A. The bad call was the targeting. I watched it on tape, it was a clean textbook hit, no helmet-to-helmet contact. 

I make the comment about the officiating because those are momentum swingers.

This game told me more about LA than UHS. UHS is one of the strongest 3A teams, we knew that. LA is emerging as one of the strongest 4A teams. Both could go far.

11 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

29FA9DFC-07AD-47A2-912B-9A75E36F360C.thumb.png.5a38ae80824b2aaddd02b86b970ed105.png

When either Red Bank or Loudon win a meaningful game let me know. Didn’t Red Bank play Upperman last year????  What was the score I can’t seem to find it on here. Help a brother out?

Just because you had a great game LAST YEAR against 1 of 2 i mentioned doesn't mean your gonna win again. Yes, you might possibly win out till the second round but you need to get off that Alcoa mindset. This region is way farther down than you think this year. Also scrapping by a most likely 4-6 cookeville team and blanking a weak DeKalb team is not an awesome show of team that you say "will be seeing alcoa again!".

5 hours ago, Hellidontno said:

Biggest shock of my life. Has LA changed coaches in the last yr because they were absolutely terrible last yr and have blown my mind with this win. I eat my words congrats LA. 

Yeah 5-5 season ends up making a terrible team :roll:. Your like UCSportsfan and need to change that LAST YEAR mindset. 

12 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Worst officiated game I’ve seen in a long time. Not sure who made the refs mad but they were not going to allow Upperman to win this game.  On a side note I hope the young man from LA that was down on the field for 15 minutes is ok. I know he ran off but I’m sure LA coaches wouldn’t have a player stay on the ground that long for nothing. Even if the other team was shoving it down their throat and their players were gassed.  However that 15 minute break did give LA a much needed rest and once the refs kicked in with 2 straight penalties against Upperman the game was almost over. All they had to do was give them one more penalty and give LA a timely first down and the game was over which they did. LA has a good team no doubt about it and hopefully they will go on the make some noise in the 4A playoffs!!!  Upperman will bounce back and should make it to Alcoa once again where the party will end.  

It surely couldn't be Baxter just got beat. It had to be the officials. Surely it couldn't be that there was a turnover early by an interception in the endzone.  And no way it couldn't be the be 2-3 missed long wide open passes down the middle that would have scored, The refs had to be blamed for those, No way LA made plays when they needed to.  And I saw the coach give an unusual signal once. I thought he was telling the player to steal 2nd or something.  Now I know it was a "play possum" signal. Fake an injury. Genius. 

You are probably right though. The refs weren't going to ALLOW Baxter to win, Looked like they were going to make them play within the rules,       

Edited by Reynard
  • Like 1