David Crockett & The Weather

wildcatwillie

I was reading about a young man from David Crockett High School trying for a record this year.He had some great stats going on vs Ooltewah when thunderstorms put a end to the game late in the 3rd.Both schools aren't close to each other so they decided to just make it a non game.The TSSAA rightfully said well then stats don't count,sorry.Crockett cried like babies.I don't understand this.In Illinois schools were further away than these 2 & the home team housed the away team & fed them,playing the next afternoon.There is always a plan for this & the game must be played.A case happened one year where a team was threatened with a forfeit so they ended up playing.Here this seems to happen each year.Didn't Cleveland have it happen last year? The next day was supposed to be nice yet they decided don't play.I recall years ago McMinn County told me they had a game washed out & begged to play on Saturday.I can't recall who they were playing but that school said oh we won't have our paramedics.They are working the UT game.It was a noon game so they said well lets play at 7 Saturday night.Wouldn't do it.They offered to scrap a JV game Monday till Tuesday & play Varsity but that other school wouldn't do it.McMinn demanded they receive a forfeit win but TSSAA didn't see it that way.The coach was pretty upset.Why don't they have plans in place for when this happens? i think a non game is stupid.Like i said if it happened in Illinois both schools would be heavily fined & saddled with a forfeit loss

Edited by wildcatwillie

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

7 hours ago, wildcatwillie said:

I was reading about a young man from David Crockett High School trying for a record this year.He had some great stats going on vs Ooltewah when thunderstorms put a end to the game late in the 3rd.Both schools aren't close to each other so they decided to just make it a non game.The TSSAA rightfully said well then stats don't count,sorry.Crockett cried like babies.I don't understand this.In Illinois schools were further away than these 2 & the home team housed the away team & fed them,playing the next afternoon.There is always a plan for this & the game must be played.A case happened one year where a team was threatened with a forfeit so they ended up playing.Here this seems to happen each year.Didn't Cleveland have it happen last year? The next day was supposed to be nice yet they decided don't play.I recall years ago McMinn County told me they had a game washed out & begged to play on Saturday.I can't recall who they were playing but that school said oh we won't have our paramedics.They are working the UT game.It was a noon game so they said well lets play at 7 Saturday night.Wouldn't do it.They offered to scrap a JV game Monday till Tuesday & play Varsity but that other school wouldn't do it.McMinn demanded they receive a forfeit win but TSSAA didn't see it that way.The coach was pretty upset.Why don't they have plans in place for when this happens? i think a non game is stupid.Like i said if it happened in Illinois both schools would be heavily fined & saddled with a forfeit loss

Interesting story........said no one.

As a former coach, I hate the idea of a non-game.  BUT, if the weather absolutely did not allow us to play, I would much rather take a no contest for a non-region game than lose a day of preparation for a region game the following week.  Especially if the non region game had considerable travel.  Just my opinion.   

2 hours ago, sx1234 said:

As a former coach, I hate the idea of a non-game.  BUT, if the weather absolutely did not allow us to play, I would much rather take a no contest for a non-region game than lose a day of preparation for a region game the following week.  Especially if the non region game had considerable travel.  Just my opinion.   

I don't believe you

3 hours ago, sx1234 said:

100% agree.

I should probably not divulge this information on here, but after all these years I think I can trust you guys.    And listen, I am serious, this has to stay just between us.   Okay, here goes.....  Ever since Crockett's incredible 2018 season, the Washington County school board has been secretly putting together a plan to build the Pioneers a new dome stadium.  As you might expect, there were snags along the way, but when the weather caused all this havoc a couple of weeks ago it cemented the deal.    Of course that doesn't help for this year, but starting in 2020 the Pioneers will never have weather-related issues again.

Meanwhile, the board has also approved a massive new jumbo-tron scoreboard for Boone.  Actually it is an iPad mounted to the top of the current scoreboard, but if you bring binoculars it has the exact same effect as a real jumbo-tron.

22 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I should probably not divulge this information on here, but after all these years I think I can trust you guys.    And listen, I am serious, this has to stay just between us.   Okay, here goes.....  Ever since Crockett's incredible 2018 season, the Washington County school board has been secretly putting together a plan to build the Pioneers a new dome stadium.  As you might expect, there were snags along the way, but when the weather caused all this havoc a couple of weeks ago it cemented the deal.    Of course that doesn't help for this year, but starting in 2020 the Pioneers will never have weather-related issues again.

Meanwhile, the board has also approved a massive new jumbo-tron scoreboard for Boone.  Actually it is an iPad mounted to the top of the current scoreboard, but if you bring binoculars it has the exact same effect as a real jumbo-tron.

I will believe this when I see it!!!!!