Oakland at Germantown

reddyrebel6

4 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Hendersonville is a decent football team, they got beat by Oakland 59-0. Hendersonville would probably give Germantown a game.

The jury is still out. We will know something after this Friday. That's what I think anyway.

Edited by kwc

2 minutes ago, kwc said:

The jury is still out. We will know something after this Friday. That's what I think anyway.

I understand east/west tn supporters want so BADLY to think their respective regions are great at football or the best... let’s be real, the most consistency comes from middle TN. Especially as of late, and especially this season with teams like Ravenwood, Brentwood, Riverdale, and Oakland all being top 10 caliber 6a programs. Now private schools would be a different discussion.

3 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I understand east/west tn supporters want so BADLY to think their respective regions are great at football or the best... let’s be real, the most consistency comes from middle TN. Especially as of late, and especially this season with teams like Ravenwood, Brentwood, Riverdale, and Oakland all being top 10 caliber 6a programs. Now private schools would be a different discussion.

How many gold balls has the middle earned in the past 10 years in 6A?

14 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

I get what your saying but they are a bunch more teams to choose from in Middle Tennessee. 8-6A everybody gets in whereas Regions 3-6 have 7-8 teams apiece

8 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I get what your saying but they are a bunch more teams to choose from in Middle Tennessee. 8-6A everybody gets in whereas Regions 3-6 have 7-8 teams apiece

Coaching plays a big role in my argument also. Utilizing talent to its best potential, more often that not you will find that in Middle TN.

49 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Coaching plays a big role in my argument also. Utilizing talent to its best potential, more often that not you will find that in Middle TN.

Actually, you could say middle TN is underachieving in 6A, if you just look at the numbers.

East TN has regions 1 & 2. West TN has regions 7 & 8, which is comprised of 9 teams combined. 

The rest is middle TN. All of those teams, and players, and coaches.

How many gold balls in the past 10 years again?

Edited by kwc

3 minutes ago, kwc said:

Actually, you could say middle TN is underachieving in 6A, if you just look at the numbers.

East TN has regions 1 & 2. West TN has regions 7 & 8, is which comprised of 9 teams combined. 

The rest is middle TN. All of those teams, and players, and coaches.

How many gold balls in the past 10 years again?

Oakland has 2 (2008, 2018), Ravenwood has 1 (2015)

41 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oakland has 2 (2008, 2018), Ravenwood has 1 (2015)

So, where is the dominance I'm that?

The west has 3, White Station 2009, Whitehaven 2012 & 2014. WH has two silver balls during that span, to boot, 2011 & 2018. 

The remaining GBs Maryville's. They have some silver too, I might add.

As a matter of fact ... Middle TN is the only section that can play against itself. The east, nor the west has that capability.

MJGB ... Do you really want to stand behind that statement?

Edited by kwc