Hendersonville (2-1) hosts Beech (3-0)

CommandoBlood100

Since it is Tuesday already and no thread.. This one needs to be talked about.

Hendersonville has shown signs of improvement since their opening loss to Oakland with two victories over a decent Giles County team (34-7) and a bad Station Camp team (48-7). Can they continue it this week against a very good Beech team?

Beech comes in at (3-0) with wins over Jackson Northside, Henry County, and Glencliff. They should be somewhat healthy and well rested after sitting majority of their starters in a 67-0 shellacking last week.

How does this one turn out? What are the keys to the game for each team?

Edited by CommandoBlood100

Looking forward to playing a very good Bucs team on Friday night.  Stingy on D and the same power running game they have every year.  Commandos have to continue to improve especially up front to stay in this one and have to cut down on the penalties that have plagued them for the first 3 games.  Can’t let Parks and Jefferson hit any long ones.  Temps will be in the high 90’s in the afternoon so I expect a record night at the concession stand.  Go Commandos!

2 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Looking forward to playing a very good Bucs team on Friday night.  Stingy on D and the same power running game they have every year.  Commandos have to continue to improve especially up front to stay in this one and have to cut down on the penalties that have plagued them for the first 3 games.  Can’t let Parks and Jefferson hit any long ones.  Temps will be in the high 90’s in the afternoon so I expect a record night at the concession stand.  Go Commandos!

How's Hendersonville looked on special teams the last few weeks?

20 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

How's Hendersonville looked on special teams the last few weeks?

Scored a special teams TD against Giles County. Hendersonville returned a kickoff last week to the opposing 10 yard line.

Haven’t had any bad snaps on punt and no blocked field goals LOL.

Kickoff return has gotten better but is still a work in progress.

You can tell they have put a huge emphasis on special teams since game 1. 

Edited by CommandoBlood100

11 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

This game features two bitter rivals.  Always some sort of fireworks or maybe a goat on the field.  (Y’all do remember that right).  I think Beech has the edge but you never know in matches like these.  

Agree completely. I fully believe these type games you can throw out records and everything else that has happened up to this point. 

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Beech still has some talent coming up

what’s that old sayin people say about nick saban and the tide...they don’t rebuild, they reload. that system has been strong for the past 15 years or so. they seem to always be in the conversation come year end. crabtree just knows how to get the best out of those boys, and they always seem to get better week after week. i would say hendersonville needs to win the battle in the trenches and shut down the run game to win, but henry county did that and the bucs still found a way. great teams always find a way to win even on off nights. i think beech ends up being a little too much. but like you, and eers said, throw records and previous results out the window for this one. one could be the best in the state and one could be the worst, and its still anyone’s game. it’s gonna be a war out there. go bucs! 34-21

Edited by Bump11