TCA at Fayette Academy

ReitzFan

On Friday the TCA lions will travel to Somerville to take on the Vikings of Fayette Academy. Game time has been moved to 7:30 in attempt to avoid some of the Heat. Fox Sports Jackson 105.3 will have coverage of this contest beginning at 7 p.m. with The Countdown To Kick-off Pregame Show. Audio streaming will be available at  http://www.foxsportsjackson.com  .  You can also listen to the game on your cell phone by calling 605-468-5762. Last year's game was a 49 to 43 Thriller that was not decided until the games of final play. If you are interested, click on the link and watch a video replay of last year's exciting game.

Edited by ReitzFan

Fayette Academy is by far the best team TCA has played this year.  Their QB is the best football player in the region.  He’s fast and can run the ball but he also has a great arm and touch.  He’s also a very intelligent player.  They have a huge line for D2A.  They have a good RB and really good receivers.  You can’t key on one player.  I suspect they will be in the final four and I could see them winning it all.  Fayette and USJ and Fayette and Nashville Christian will be great games.  Fun team to watch.  TCA’s defense just couldn’t contain them.  TCA didn’t play bad at all.  Just outmanned.  I counted around 52 players on FA’s team.  That’s a lot of players for D2A.  Good luck to the Vikings.  They were a class act last night.  

Edited by Intense
  • Like 1

I will definitely agree that Fayette Academy is the best team that TCA has played this season to date. No question in my mind about it. There is a reason the number 10 was listed as the preseason All-State quarterback for division 2 Class A. With both his feet and his arm he will beat you. He also executes the fake handoffs on an RPO as good as anybody has since Kyle Akin at TCA. His form in passing the football was flawless. Of all the high school quarterbacks that I have seen in person since the mid-seventies 10 has the best form. They're running back is of a high quality. The wing backs who ran the football we're extremely good as well. Their oline and D lines wer extremely large, quick, and well-conditioned with good technique as well. I will also say this on a personal level. From the Headmaster, to the athletic director, to the Press Box personnel, to various team managers that I had interaction with last night, all were first class. The adults and both High School and grade school fans that I personally dealt with were first class and very kind to me and helpful with some debilitating back pain that I am saddled with and have been fighting for the last eleven months. Nothing but total class from the people at Fayette Academy.

1 hour ago, ReitzFan said:

I will definitely agree that Fayette Academy is the best team that TCA has played this season to date. No question in my mind about it. There is a reason the number 10 was listed as the preseason All-State quarterback for division 2 Class A. With both his feet and his arm he will beat you. He also executes the fake handoffs on an RPO as good as anybody has since Kyle Akin at TCA. His form in passing the football was flawless. Of all the high school quarterbacks that I have seen in person since the mid-seventies 10 has the best form. They're running back is of a high quality. The wing backs who ran the football we're extremely good as well. Their oline and D lines wer extremely large, quick, and well-conditioned with good technique as well. I will also say this on a personal level. From the Headmaster, to the athletic director, to the Press Box personnel, to various team managers that I had interaction with last night, all were first class. The adults and both High School and grade school fans that I personally dealt with were first class and very kind to me and helpful with some debilitating back pain that I am saddled with and have been fighting for the last eleven months. Nothing but total class from the people at Fayette Academy.

That's some high praise. Would you call them the team you beat in DIIA West