Mairvul Oft weak tawk

STARSNBARS

On 9/18/2019 at 2:16 PM, STARSNBARS said:

:thumb:

I really do love this for many personal reasons. I love that the kids and coaches were so excited to do this. I love that the next day the boys were required to write a note of appreciation to one of their teachers as their afternoon workout. Maryville football gets a bad rep sometimes from not only our opponents but sometimes within our own school system from families who truly believe they are given speacial treatment. I can say in my first year being this close to the program these men have impressed me with the values they try to instill in these players.

I haven't been keeping up with Maryville these past few years and sorry if this is way off topic but how different (in anyone's opinion) is this team now that they have had new leadership for the past few years?  Is the culture still the same?  Still getting the same talent?  Sorry if off topic but I was curious.

5 minutes ago, LG1977 said:

I haven't been keeping up with Maryville these past few years and sorry if this is way off topic but how different (in anyone's opinion) is this team now that they have had new leadership for the past few years?  Is the culture still the same?  Still getting the same talent?  Sorry if off topic but I was curious.

If you watched the Alcoa and Maryville game that should of told you. They have a great wealth of talent still coming from the pipeline which is good. I still feel their a top 4 team in the state, you just never know what is on the other side until you play. Biggest thing I miss about the old coach is the risk he took sometimes on a few trick plays that took everyone by surprise but otherwise pretty much the same. Miss the line coach more than the head coach in my opinion. The head coach is a very smart young man that everyone likes very well and I don't see the program slipping any unless something out of his control were to happen. My advise to the coach is never turn a deaf ear to your old man because his wisdom will never steer you wrong.

37 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If you watched the Alcoa and Maryville game that should of told you. They have a great wealth of talent still coming from the pipeline which is good. I still feel their a top 4 team in the state, you just never know what is on the other side until you play. Biggest thing I miss about the old coach is the risk he took sometimes on a few trick plays that took everyone by surprise but otherwise pretty much the same. Miss the line coach more than the head coach in my opinion. The head coach is a very smart young man that everyone likes very well and I don't see the program slipping any unless something out of his control were to happen. My advise to the coach is never turn a deaf ear to your old man because his wisdom will never steer you wrong.

1 hour ago, LG1977 said:

Coach Hunt reached 30 wins faster than any HC at Maryville. He’s doing ok. lol 

4 hours ago, LG1977 said:

Derek was groomed by the GOAT of Tennessee High School Football Coaches to be the next head coach at Maryville.  He certainly learned those lessons well.  Great young coach and a class act.  

On 9/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, Rebel1972 said:

I really do love this for many personal reasons. I love that the kids and coaches were so excited to do this. I love that the next day the boys were required to write a note of appreciation to one of their teachers as their afternoon workout. Maryville football gets a bad rep sometimes from not only our opponents but sometimes within our own school system from families who truly believe they are given speacial treatment. I can say in my first year being this close to the program these men have impressed me with the values they try to instill in these players.

Yes they do. These young men and their coaches all work really hard to do what they do. No special treatment there. Many are hard work dedication sacrifice and what that brings as special treatment.  Lmao