Oliver Springs @ Greenback

orngnblk

2 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

They way I see it is this, one team tries to score and the opposing team tries to stop them! If the latter can’t happen, should the team leading just start running out of bounds to keep from scoring? Some second and third string players can still score....but yes I do understand that it does make some coaches or teams look bad to put up another 21 or 28 pts with a 35 pt lead. With that said, it is football and it’s not a very “feelings friendly” game! 

PSA: Sometimes you have to try and put a 100 on a certain team, be it a cross town rivalry or a team who goes above and beyond just to see you lose!

Now you get it!LOL

I would assume that one of the "other" teams involved may just get a good whipping by the Pirates in a week or so.All i can say is "Run it up Herman dont leave NO DOUBT!"

Well it is plain to see why #6 dad picked GB for his son to play.The coaching he is getting from an outstanding QB coach in Ryan has turned his game around.(some say coaches have nothing to do with it its just managing talent and i agree to some extent but the kid has benefited from being coached by someone who himself was an outstand high school and college QB)He came in as a accurate passer but needed help in reading defenses and checking out of plays.The freedom he gets with this system has made him into an Elite QB.The skill position players have really stepped up to get open and CATCH the ball.Willis is the deadliest target but take him and we have a slew of great pass catchers,the Eighth grader Duggan is going to be a top notch Athlete in 1A by Sr year.#1 just seems to be everywhere also and some great sticks on D!

On 9/20/2019 at 10:17 PM, Gbnation said:

If SP plays Red Bank the way we played loudon then they would be better off to forfeit it and go into there bye week lol. That game and the first quarter and a half of the Meigs game done wonders for this team!! They are coming alive!! 

For that same reason, win or lose, we need to play Red Bank to help us get ready for Greenback. Lol

13 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

You GB guys know I like you and respect you but if what I read about the end of the game really happened then I’m definitely a bit disappointed. Up 43-0 and apparently throwing a touchdown with some starters still in? If that’s the case you guys proved a point up 35-0 at the end of 1. Just not a classy look for you guys at all if that’s what happened. 

There is a way  to stop teams from running up the score in one word...TACKLE. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

They way I see it is this, one team tries to score and the opposing team tries to stop them! If the latter can’t happen, should the team leading just start running out of bounds to keep from scoring? Some second and third string players can still score....but yes I do understand that it does make some coaches or teams look bad to put up another 21 or 28 pts with a 35 pt lead. With that said, it is football and it’s not a very “feelings friendly” game! 

PSA: Sometimes you have to try and put a 100 on a certain team, be it a cross town rivalry or a team who goes above and beyond just to see you lose!

Such as a team’s coach (Marion County) burglarizing another team’s (South Pitt) and stealing their playbook? It happened and was proven. BTW he is still coaching there. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, pegleg said:

Such as a team’s coach (Marion County) burglarizing another team’s (South Pitt) and stealing their playbook? It happened and was proven. BTW he is still coaching there. 

Sometimes you have to send a message!Message was sent Fri in the first quarter,the other 3 we just paid for the stamp!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Well it is plain to see why #6 dad picked GB for his son to play.The coaching he is getting from an outstanding QB coach in Ryan has turned his game around.(some say coaches have nothing to do with it its just managing talent and i agree to some extent but the kid has benefited from being coached by someone who himself was an outstand high school and college QB)He came in as a accurate passer but needed help in reading defenses and checking out of plays.The freedom he gets with this system has made him into an Elite QB.The skill position players have really stepped up to get open and CATCH the ball.Willis is the deadliest target but take him and we have a slew of great pass catchers,the Eighth grader Duggan is going to be a top notch Athlete in 1A by Sr year.#1 just seems to be everywhere also and some great sticks on D!

Ryan is an outstanding mind at the Qb position and has turned out to be a good head coach but he has had some great ball players under his command also. We all know the results and that says it all.