Waverly vs Scott’s Hill

vandyfan1

I'm going Waverly. I think this win will give these boys the confidence they been lacking in the previous weeks. This was the first game I saw them actually play close to their potential. I think now they know what they can do and that they can play with the big boys. Still got tons of blocking fundamentals to work on, but I think they are starting to get their swag and finally starting to create their own identity and getting from under the shadows of the previous team! They definitely looked like the team I expected them to be in the beginning, just hope they can keep it going in the right direction! Definitely ready for this one after what I saw tonight!

9 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Waverly as much as they want. No offense to the hill but it is what it is 

None taken. I hope that we can put up a good fight for a half, and play hard until the end. That's the type of game that we've had for the last three weeks, and I'll be satisfied with another as long as we can fix the penalties and mistakes. In week one we played as well as we are capable... everyone did their job pretty much mistake free without trying to do too much. Since then, we've become more prone to being out of position or be flagged from kids trying to do more than their assignments, get off the ball quicker, get an extra yard or two, or make the throw that isn't there, and it's cost us in confidence and continuity. Waverly seems to be gaining momentum, and could very well round into a contender to see Peabody in the semi's if they keep it up... they'll be too much for my Lions even if we get back to week one form, because we just don't have the depth and overall talent to push a really good team for four quarters.

14 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

None taken. I hope that we can put up a good fight for a half, and play hard until the end. That's the type of game that we've had for the last three weeks, and I'll be satisfied with another as long as we can fix the penalties and mistakes. In week one we played as well as we are capable... everyone did their job pretty much mistake free without trying to do too much. Since then, we've become more prone to being out of position or be flagged from kids trying to do more than their assignments, get off the ball quicker, get an extra yard or two, or make the throw that isn't there, and it's cost us in confidence and continuity. Waverly seems to be gaining momentum, and could very well round into a contender to see Peabody in the semi's if they keep it up... they'll be too much for my Lions even if we get back to week one form, because we just don't have the depth and overall talent to push a really good team for four quarters.

We have to get there first but I will say I’d rather go to waverly than Forrest. I might could actually get to waverly to watch but Forrest is to far away 

49 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We have to get there first but I will say I’d rather go to waverly than Forrest. I might could actually get to waverly to watch but Forrest is to far away 

Right now I'd say that Waverly, Forrest, and Lewis County combine for a 99% chance that you'll be at one of their home fields for that game... provided you get there. Very good chance of that happening too.

19 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Right now I'd say that Waverly, Forrest, and Lewis County combine for a 99% chance that you'll be at one of their home fields for that game... provided you get there. Very good chance of that happening too.

No one is talking about Houston Co but they are 4 0 and I'm wondering just how good they are?

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

We still have some things to clean up but we're finally playing with a passion! 

Lots of respect for Scott’s Hill and tradertwo. Not sure how good The Hill is, but nobody knows them better than trader. I hope Waverly continues to grow. I feel like they have bought into Boldin’s scheme and I really like the intensity and heart that they have displayed the last 2 games. I feel like Waverly will only continue to get better. The run offense is beast mode and are firing on all cylinders. The passing game is improving and surprisingly enough to keep teams honest. Stanfield will only continue to get better at developing into the QB role. I enjoyed seeing Gavin Stanfield on the sidelines working with Graham during the half on technique. The defense continues to grow and the run defense is pretty solid. The pass defense still is making a lot of mistakes but has gotten better and will continue to improve. I enjoyed how multiple players on offense are contributing. I noticed some of the newer players finally getting some good minutes. I think as they continue to learn that they will be able to contribute more. The special teams are doing a good job also. Over all I am impressed with what Boldin has done over the last few weeks and I feel like we will continue to get better each week. Only improvements I see we really need to get cleaned up is the pass defense, of course the passing game needs to improve, and penalties that continue to shoot us in the foot. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Lots of respect for Scott’s Hill and tradertwo. Not sure how good The Hill is, but nobody knows them better than trader. I hope Waverly continues to grow. I feel like they have bought into Boldin’s scheme and I really like the intensity and heart that they have displayed the last 2 games. I feel like Waverly will only continue to get better. The run offense is beast mode and are firing on all cylinders. The passing game is improving and surprisingly enough to keep teams honest. Stanfield will only continue to get better at developing into the QB role. I enjoyed seeing Gavin Stanfield on the sidelines working with Graham during the half on technique. The defense continues to grow and the run defense is pretty solid. The pass defense still is making a lot of mistakes but has gotten better and will continue to improve. I enjoyed how multiple players on offense are contributing. I noticed some of the newer players finally getting some good minutes. I think as they continue to learn that they will be able to contribute more. The special teams are doing a good job also. Over all I am impressed with what Boldin has done over the last few weeks and I feel like we will continue to get better each week. Only improvements I see we really need to get cleaned up is the pass defense, of course the passing game needs to improve, and penalties that continue to shoot us in the foot. 

It don’t take much of a passing game to keep a defense honest when you can run the ball as good as we did last night. I would like to see the running backs actually run to a block instead of jog. Hopefully coach can address that. But overall very pleased with the offense. Our run defense looked outstanding! And I would also like to see us stop going for two all the time weather the flag or not it almost cost us last night. 

Edited by vandyfan1