Haywood vs South Gibson

Kruger77

3 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Inquiring minds want to know what went on in this game? I saw Haywood won 50-49. What's the story?

It was a complete shoot out. Was tied at 42 we fumbled south Gibson scored. We went down the field with about 2 mins left scored on a 4th n 6 screen play. Then went for 2 by throwing to our 6’6 tight end. Covington y’all will have your hands full!

TIP MY HAT TO HAYWOOD! If you guys will clean up the penalties y'all will be a power in 4A ball!

What a game! WOOOOOW! is about all I can say at this point. I also tip my hat to the tomcats for going for 2 with 16 seconds left on the clock. The conversion was good and it was enough to seal the victory for the cats. 

VERY, VERY, VERY, PROUD OF THE BOYS FROM SGC. TONIGHT PROVED TO THE STATE THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL!!

I simply can not believe there were 99 points were scored in this contest. UNBELIEVABLE! Haywood really abused SGC's kickoff coverage all night long and it gave Haywood a short field a bunch of times. 

This late into the season we are starting to see who is about it and who is not. I think after this contest we all know that both teams are about it. 

Good luck to the TCats moving forward! I wish y'all nothing but success. 

Edited by ManOfMillions
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Inquiring minds want to know what went on in this game? I saw Haywood won 50-49. What's the story?

It was definitely a shootout!  If you have the interest and/or time, you can watch Haywood’s winning TD drive.

Haywood’s stream

http://tncitylinktv.com/channel/brownsville-tv/

starting at about the 3:08:55 mark

South Gibson’s stream                        

http://tncitylinktv.com/channel/jackson-south-gibson/

starting at about the 3:05:30 mark

The audio in the South Gibson stream is better.

6 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

TIP MY HAT TO HAYWOOD! If you guys will clean up the penalties y'all will be a power in 4A ball!

What a game! WOOOOOW! is about all I can say at this point. I also tip my hat to the tomcats for going for 2 with 16 seconds left on the clock. The conversion was good and it was enough to seal the victory for the cats. 

VERY, VERY, VERY, PROUD OF THE BOYS FROM SGC. TONIGHT PROVED TO THE STATE THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL!!

I simply can not believe there were 99 points were scored in this contest. UNBELIEVABLE! Haywood really abused SGC's kickoff coverage all night long and it gave Haywood a short field a bunch of times. 

This late into the season we are starting to see who is about it and who is not. I think after this contest we all know that both teams are about it. 

U guys got a good team good luck in the playoffs

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Can’t wait til y’all play Covington l!

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Haywood has been a penalty plagued team for years.  Coach Smith and crew have done an excellent job in cutting the penalties this year, but the penalty problem definitely reared its ugly head in this game.  I commend the Tomcats, not for the penalties, but for their perseverance in overcoming those penalties. 

Haywood has a whole slew of good backs, but the Tomcats were playing w/o the services of one of their best backs.  Again, I commend the team for stepping up and filling that void. 

WOW, UNBELIEVABLE, where’s the defense?  A lot of words and expressions could be used to describe this game.  I would say that it’s a shame either team had to lose.  It was an amazing game, and both teams played their hearts out.  I tip my hat to South Gibson.  You have a first class program, and good luck to the Hornets going forward.

I have forgotten his username, but several years ago, a young SG band student posted that South Gibson was a new powerhouse in West Tennessee football.  I, along with a lot of others, laughed at his post.  I apologize for that.  South Gibson has definitely established itself as one of the better teams in rural West Tennessee.

What a gutsy call by Coach Smith and his crew.  Not that they need my approval, but I agree with the call, and I would have agreed with it even if the 2 point attempt had failed. You play to win.  Congratulations Tomcats!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

It was definitely a shootout!  If you have the interest and/or time, you can watch Haywood’s winning TD drive.

Haywood’s stream

http://tncitylinktv.com/channel/brownsville-tv/

starting at about the 3:08:55 mark

South Gibson’s stream                        

http://tncitylinktv.com/channel/jackson-south-gibson/

starting at about the 3:05:30 mark

The audio in the South Gibson stream is better.

Absolutely right about those streams. South Gibson stream was well told and presented. 

Haywood has been a penalty plagued team for years.  Coach Smith and crew have done an excellent job in cutting the penalties this year, but the penalty problem definitely reared its ugly head in this game.  I commend the Tomcats, not for the penalties, but for their perseverance in overcoming those penalties. 

Haywood has a whole slew of good backs, but the Tomcats were playing w/o the services of one of their best backs.  Again, I commend the team for stepping up and filling that void. 

WOW, UNBELIEVABLE, where’s the defense?  A lot of words and expressions could be used to describe this game.  I would say that it’s a shame either team had to lose.  It was an amazing game, and both teams played their hearts out.  I tip my hat to South Gibson.  You have a first class program, and good luck to the Hornets going forward.

I have forgotten his username, but several years ago, a young SG band student posted that South Gibson was a new powerhouse in West Tennessee football.  I, along with a lot of others, laughed at his post.  I apologize for that.  South Gibson has definitely established itself as one of the better teams in rural West Tennessee.

What a gutsy call by Coach Smith and his crew.  Not that they need my approval, but I agree with the call, and I would have agreed with it even if the 2 point attempt had failed. You play to win.  Congratulations Tomcats!

Hey there,

Just to clarify. It was another poster who said SGC was a new powerhouse, not me. I was in the thread, and said they'll be a good team year in-year out. But not a powerhouse.

9 minutes ago, NotNoahHouck said:

Hey there,

Just to clarify. It was another poster who said SGC was a new powerhouse, not me. I was in the thread, and said they'll be a good team year in-year out. But not a powerhouse.

Sorry, I remember you posting in the thread, and I thought it was you who made the statement.  I'm old and senile, so please forgive me.  However, whoever made the post seems to have been spot on.  I haven't seen you on here in a long time.  It's nice to see you back.

I like the way you put that. It is a shame that either one of these teams had to lose. Well done, sir. 

30 minutes ago, NotNoahHouck said:

Hey there,

Where you been noah? Did you tune in and watch the game last night? It sure was a good one.