Springfield @ White House

brian2000

46 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

Was he hurt? 

He may have been banged up a little. I heard he could have went against SC but they rested him. Jackets have been breaking in new QBs, RBs (except #9), and WRs. They have come a long way since Wilson Central. OL is back. We have speedy DLs with experienced LBs. Secondary is still a work in progress. Good group of young kickers.  I expect White House best this go around

Just now, copacanobra said:

You been to a game this year?

No, but I’ve had a little insight. “BDP” doesn’t carry the same weight it used to. People were once haters because WH was good, now it’s more because we get to hear how good they are every year. 

What I have been told is not very athletic and soft, but to your point, no I haven’t personally been to a game this year. 

5 hours ago, eers said:

No, but I’ve had a little insight. “BDP” doesn’t carry the same weight it used to. People were once haters because WH was good, now it’s more because we get to hear how good they are every year. 

What I have been told is not very athletic and soft, but to your point, no I haven’t personally been to a game this year. 

That’s what I thought lol.  I don’t think I’ve seen a single person say we were supposed to be good this year.  Heck even White House people on here were saying we’d only win 4 games.  I do think this team has potential if they’d clean up mental errors, but we gotta see how it all plays out.  After our coach porter discussion a couple years ago it was pretty obvious to me that you have no clue what you’re talking about. So Just sit this one out bud cause you’re only two comments into this thread and already looking dumb.  

2 hours ago, copacanobra said:

That’s what I thought lol.  I don’t think I’ve seen a single person say we were supposed to be good this year.  Heck even White House people on here were saying we’d only win 4 games.  I do think this team has potential if they’d clean up mental errors, but we gotta see how it all plays out.  After our coach porter discussion a couple years ago it was pretty obvious to me that you have no clue what you’re talking about. So Just sit this one out bud cause you’re only two comments into this thread and already looking dumb.  

To think WH football is anywhere close to where it used to be you have to be wearing blue tinted glasses. Simply because WH people won’t admit their program has fallen on hard times doesn’t mean it’s not true. 

Min regards to Porter, I liked him. Wasn’t a huge fan of the rest of the staff. 

You thought with my initial comment I was attacking WH, but I wasn’t. It’s an honest assessment. WH hasn’t played the same kind of football for several years.  I’ve even had BDP people tell me the teams in recent years would quit. Perhaps an objective assessment of the program would be a good place to start. Perhaps it will be different with the new staff. As you said I haven’t been to a game this year. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

To think WH football is anywhere close to where it used to be you have to be wearing blue tinted glasses. Simply because WH people won’t admit their program has fallen on hard times doesn’t mean it’s not true. 

Min regards to Porter, I liked him. Wasn’t a huge fan of the rest of the staff. 

You thought with my initial comment I was attacking WH, but I wasn’t. It’s an honest assessment. WH hasn’t played the same kind of football for several years.  I’ve even had BDP people tell me the teams in recent years would quit. Perhaps an objective assessment of the program would be a good place to start. Perhaps it will be different with the new staff. As you said I haven’t been to a game this year. 

Who said we were as good as we used to be? Everyone knows our hay day was in the 90s and early 2000s. Literally 0 people from White House ever argue that yet you continue to bring it up every year for some reason. Just because we aren’t the best team in the state anymore doesn’t mean we can’t still have a solid squad.  You saying that we’re soft and unathletic when you haven’t even seen us play makes you look dumb.  Idk why you’re so jealous of us dude but you need to get over it lol

On 9/15/2019 at 12:48 PM, brian2000 said:

What the heck I’ll play.....Regarding the last sentence....On the way to Cookeville that yr, where was BDP? Good thing BDP lost at home to Southside bc the Jackets was about to open up a can......I see BDP has been sharpining their iron against 0-4 Station Camp, 0-4 Glencliff, and 1-3 Hunters Lane. Can’t wait :mrgreen:

Y’all played station camp too, glencliff is the worst team I’ve ever seen you’re right on that one, and tbh hunters lane didn’t look bad to me.  I’m honestly really surprised sycamore beat them. 

Springifeld keeps improving every week and I see this game to be more of the same. I wasn’t at the game last week, but from what I heard Springfield rotated a lot of young players in on both sides of the ball, gaining valuable experience as the season grinds into the meat of region play. I think Springfield wins this one by a couple of scores. I do however wish these games would be battles again the way they were 15-20 years ago year in and year out. With the exception of 2 years ago this game has lost a lot of its luster from both sides of the field, fan wise, hence not much chatter on these boards.

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Springifeld keeps improving every week and I see this game to be more of the same. I wasn’t at the game last week, but from what I heard Springfield rotated a lot of young players in on both sides of the ball, gaining valuable experience as the season grinds into the meat of region play. I think Springfield wins this one by a couple of scores. I do however wish these games would be battles again the way they were 15-20 years ago year in and year out. With the exception of 2 years ago this game has lost a lot of its luster from both sides of the field, fan wise, hence not much chatter on these boards.

Idk what game you went to, but the stands were packed last year.  Other than the Portland game it was the biggest crowd all year 

5 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Who said we were as good as we used to be? Everyone knows our hay day was in the 90s and early 2000s. Literally 0 people from White House ever argue that yet you continue to bring it up every year for some reason. Just because we aren’t the best team in the state anymore doesn’t mean we can’t still have a solid squad.  You saying that we’re soft and unathletic when you haven’t even seen us play makes you look dumb.  Idk why you’re so jealous of us dude but you need to get over it lol

I am just stating what I was told from a reliable source, not very athletic and soft. It falls inline with the last couple of years where I did see them play. Also not sure how stating what I was told makes me look “dumb”, but whatever. With regard to jealousy, my disdain goes back several years, but I assure you it’s not out of jealousy. Think about that, why would I possibly be jealous of WH and “BDP”??    

Kind of funny when you make a prediction and state things you’ve told by people you know well and trust their observation , you’re attacked personally without discrediting what was stated. I guess it’s the easy way out. “You look dumb”... man get out of here with that nonsense. 

27 minutes ago, eers said:

I am just stating what I was told from a reliable source, not very athletic and soft. It falls inline with the last couple of years where I did see them play. Also not sure how stating what I was told makes me look “dumb”, but whatever. With regard to jealousy, my disdain goes back several years, but I assure you it’s not out of jealousy. Think about that, why would I possibly be jealous of WH and “BDP”??    

Kind of funny when you make a prediction and state things you’ve told by people you know well and trust their observation , you’re attacked personally without discrediting what was stated. I guess it’s the easy way out. “You look dumb”... man get out of here with that nonsense. 

Idk you tell me why you’re jealous lol I’m not in your head dude.  

I would discredit what you said by giving you specific names and numbers of kids who are both athletic and physical, but it would be pointless because you haven’t been to a game so you wouldn’t know who am I’m even talking about. Basically we can’t have an argument because you have no clue, you’re gonna always say something negative about White House and pick against us no matter what.  You need to send your buddy on here so he can actually talk about what he saw.