Springfield @ White House

brian2000

2 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Wouldnt at least some of the kids zoned for WWH go to WH if it wasnt there?; seriously someone with hard facts explain this because I thought that was the case as well...

Yes you are correct, the old line if my memory serves me correct on the west side of I-65 was around the cross roads store west of the current WHH school now. Idk how far the zone went on the Sumner county side. East Robertson and greenbrier high zones all merged with the old White House zone somewhere along those lines. Yes it effected other schools when Heritage  was built but White House High suffered the worst. Another thing the agreement allowed, since Robertson county students attended White House high, was a few good athletes were able to take advantage of the counties loose open zone policies of the 80’s and 90’s allowing them travel across Robertson county and attend White House high and play sports......

Edited by Poundtherock23

I actually lived a few miles from East robertson High School but played and went to White House High. The agreement was that if you address was a White House address (which mine technically was), you went to White House schools. This extended past Cross Roads Market down 76 towards Springfield for quite a few miles. I could name you countless players that were within minutes of East and we were bussed to White House because our actual physical address was White House TN. In fact I would say the majority of the ball players when I played actually lived on the Robertson Co side since 31 W splits Robertson and Sumner Co. Anyhow; that was the agreement for a very long time bc White House was such a small town for so many years it just made sense to do that. The reason the agreement was not renewed had to do with taxes or something like that. Robertson Co wasn't getting what Sumner was or something to that affect bc of the agreement.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigredmachine said:

How does White House Heritage have anything to do with White House players?  They are in separate counties.  The Heritage players would have gone to East Robertson or Springfield.  You can't play for a school out of your county unless your parent teaches there or go to a Private.  

I think what Brian was saying is back in the day BDP would have had those players that now go to Heritage. In fact, he’s telling the truth. With Heritage being built in the mid to late 2000’s that stopped the “double dipping”. Now only WHHS students come from the Sumner County side. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

I think what Brian was saying is back in the day BDP would have had those players that now go to Heritage. In fact, he’s telling the truth. With Heritage being built in the mid to late 2000’s that stopped the “double dipping”. Now only WHHS students come from the Sumner County side. 

Edited by bigredmachine

40 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

The sports writer in The Connection picked Jackets 24-17. 

Also mentioned BDP leads the series 16-15. Well I look forward to the series to be tied up after tomorrow night.

I like his prediction. I’m hoping for at least a 2 score Yellow Jacket win, but I’ll take a win anyway it comes. Idk where The Connection guy gets his facts, but it seems like these two teams have played more than 31 times over the years. Several times they’ve played twice in a year. Once in regular season and once in playoffs. Does anyone have hard facts of how many times these two have met over the years?

Edited by Poundtherock23

27 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I like his prediction. I’m hoping for at least a 2 score Yellow Jacket win, but I’ll take a win anyway it comes. Idk where The Connection guy gets his facts, but it seems like these two teams have played more than 31 times over the years. Several times they’ve played twice in a year. Once in regular season and once in playoffs. Does anyone have hard facts of how many times these two have met over the years?

I know their were couple seasons in 90s 2000s they didn’t play. Anything further back than mid 90s I don’t know

HAHA is this the same BDP that beat a horrible station camp team 13-7 at your place!!??? You guys have been playing Nashville schools of the blind and deaf the last two weeks. Jackets finally rolling, beat station camp last week 31 - 10 with 5 starters out. Jackets will come out and take care of business 35 - 10. I don't see white house beating anyone in the district but Greenbrier this year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilovethegame said:

HAHA is this the same BDP that beat a horrible station camp team 13-7 at your place!!??? You guys have been playing Nashville schools of the blind and deaf the last two weeks. Jackets finally rolling, beat station camp last week 31 - 10 with 5 starters out. Jackets will come out and take care of business 35 - 10. I don't see white house beating anyone in the district but Greenbrier this year!

Need to post more imo! Go Jackets!

The young talent at the skilled positions have been getting better each wk. Guys have bought into the system. Fun to see.