Meigs vs Rockwood

Meeru

7 minutes ago, Turu said:

Just watched YouTube of Rockwood. I believe they will be motivated Friday. I hope Meigs fans come out in force and turn their home field into “our house”. Looked up info on coacht schedules and found with a win we would run record to 40-4 over last 4 years!!  

I'm sure they would like to "upset" us. Their defense looked decent, I just didnt see enough offensively from them to warrant a 4 quarter threat considering how good our defense is. I still believe we can beat them handily if we show up and act like home field advantage in the playoffs rides on it. Because it just may. Rockwood prepares as good as any team that I've seen that we have faced over the last 6 years. That alone alot of times is enough to make it a game. Meigs will need to come with the intensity they have played with since the Greenback game. I feel we will be fine if we come ready like that.

47 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm sure they would like to "upset" us. Their defense looked decent, I just didnt see enough offensively from them to warrant a 4 quarter threat considering how good our defense is. I still believe we can beat them handily if we show up and act like home field advantage in the playoffs rides on it. Because it just may. Rockwood prepares as good as any team that I've seen that we have faced over the last 6 years. That alone alot of times is enough to make it a game. Meigs will need to come with the intensity they have played with since the Greenback game. I feel we will be fine if we come ready like that.

If you play like that it will be over in 1.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:22 AM, Imthayeti said:

We have to avoid a slow start. We have had two pretty big games in three weeks and homecoming is looming with all of its distractions. This seems like a formula for a slow start. That said, I would hope our team wants to beat them bad enough that it won't be an issue.

49 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

We have to avoid a slow start. We have had two pretty big games in three weeks and homecoming is looming with all of its distractions. This seems like a formula for a slow start. That said, I would hope our team wants to beat them bad enough that it won't be an issue.

I agree 100% slow starts seem to effect us the whole game when it happens. Hopefully the kids will want to make a statement Friday night. 2 more days till they are on the clock for more Region play.

This is big Region game for both teams. Meigs has outscored Rockwood 130-56 over 3 years and hold record of 3-1 over them. However, lone loss was in ‘17 when QB went down on series of “questionable” hits. Seemed some of the same last year in playoffs with more than one late hit penalty called on Rockwood. Info found on coachtschedules. 

1 hour ago, Turu said:

This is big Region game for both teams. Meigs has outscored Rockwood 130-56 over 3 years and hold record of 3-1 over them. However, lone loss was in ‘17 when QB went down on series of “questionable” hits. Seemed some of the same last year in playoffs with more than one late hit penalty called on Rockwood. Info found on coachtschedules. 

I'll "agree" there have been some questionable hits in that game from over the years. Wish I had been able to film those games last year to share what I saw. I brought my camera last year, but forgot my sd card and i didnt have a camcorder in 17.:evil: One thing about this Rockwood team. They are the only region team on the schedule that has a win against us in the last 4 years. In 17, their freshman and sophomores if still playing would be juniors and seniors now on this Rockwood team.