Grainger (2-2) @ Elizabethton (3-0)

EHSTrack06

1 hour ago, Devilsx5 said:

Its not talent wise 

I'd pump the brakes right there. I think the teams are more even this year than previous. We only have 1 common opponent to compare against at the moment but for what it is worth, we led Science Hill the whole game and that was Science Hill without an injured HB. We didn't have to rely on a comeback to win that one. It took Greeneville an onside kick to seal the deal against Science Hill AFTER their star went out of the game. I think EHS vs Greeneville will be a great game

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I'd pump the brakes right there. I think the teams are more even this year than previous. We only have 1 common opponent to compare against at the moment but for what it is worth, we led Science Hill the whole game and that was Science Hill without an injured HB. We didn't have to rely on a comeback to win that one. It took Greeneville an onside kick to seal the deal against Science Hill AFTER their star went out of the game. I think EHS vs Greeneville will be a great game

We out Scores them 33-3 lol after fumbling on play 1 and then a dumb int on tbe second series. So id say Greeneville dominated after the 21-0 score

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Only 1 common opponent?

17 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Only 1 common opponent?

My bad..2 lol which that game score and the Greeneville/Boone scores we're close to identical. I wish Cole had been playing though, was hoping to see the hype. Same with the South RB. Still looking forward to seeing Greeneville. Mostly Youngblood.

Edited by EHSTrack06

5 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

My bad..2 lol which that game score and the Greeneville/Boone scores we're close to identical. I wish Cole had been playing though, was hoping to see the hype. Same with the South RB. Still looking forward to seeing Greeneville. Mostly Youngblood.

Here is the advice I will give you.... I have watched Greeneville play us (Boone) and Science Hill.     Maybe this is anecdotal, but Greeneville is NOT a good first half team.    They played us very sloppy, made a lot of mistakes, just did not look good at all and it was 10-7 at the half.    Same thing against Science Hill, very sloppy play.     ---- BUT -----    Football is 4 quarters, not 2.     And Greeneville is a VERY GOOD 2nd half team.     So if you guys get any kind of lead on them keep pouring it on.    No lead is safe.    I don't care if you were up 21 (like Science Hill), keep the starters in and pretend you are down by 21.

19 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

All of their scores in the 1st quarter started in our territory. Especially play 1

Do those not count?

These teams are fairly even talent wise and despite Greenville's recent dominance, I would think the game will be pretty close and could go either way. Both teams are still making a lot of mistakes. 

1 hour ago, woodby30 said:

Common opponents tells nothing other than it's a common opponent.  The chance i see is weekly improvements. Continue to improve week after week and worry about the Greene team when the time comes. But for now Grainger should be the focus.

So true. Teams can and do change as the season progresses. Can’t afford to over look anyone. Just ask the Vols about Ga State. Keep focused on the next game until the seasons end.  Greeneville will be on the schedule and when it comes time, ready or not, they’ll bring it.